I base my lesson plans around my tutee's learning style. After tutoring so many students, I've found that no two students are alike. Before our first session, I email the student and ask if there are any learning styles they learn quicker with (visual/audio learner) or if they prefer more practice based learning (practice problems/Q&A style). By matching my tutoring structure to my student's needs, I've found that my tutees benefit greatly from an environment that is catered to them and is there to not only strengthen foundational knowledge but is also present to help foster growth and confidence.
I have been tutoring for over 7 years. I recently graduated UCDavis with highest honors with a major in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. I would love to share my knowledge and help other students (like yourself!) gain knowledge and insight into this fascinating topic. I have previously worked with my high school's program to provide tutoring for students and am currently a tutor at the Academic Assistance and Tutoring Center at UCDavis and have tutored students in small groups and 1-on-1 settings.
Rates will vary according to the subject and what level the course is (high school vs. college). If traveling is required, a small fee will be added to the hourly cost. I am very flexible so don’t hesitate to ask!
If tutee needs to cancel, notice must be provided 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, tutee is required to pay a small fee upon the next tutoring session.
University of California, Davis
Major: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
GPA: 3.9; Graduated with Highest Honors
University of California, Davis / Tutor
September 2020 - Present, Davis, CA
- Evaluate and revise lesson plans to best suit tutee's learning styles
- Create and edit practice problems to help reinforce tutee's knowledge of foundational material
- Motivate students by using positive reinforcement to help build student confidence
- Hold drop-in office hours and individual tutoring sessions
University of California, Davis / Biology Lab Teaching Assistant
June 2019 - July 2019, Davis, CA
- Aided in creating and teaching lesson plans to students
- Organized and distributed learning materials
- Assisted students in small-group and 1-on-1 basis in order to help students better grasp the material and apply it on exams
Kaiser Permanente / Shift Leader
August 2014 - September 2018, San Jose, CA
- Mentored new volunteers
- Assisted HR department with paperwork regarding patient files and physician income.
- Communicated with team on delegation of tasks and assignment of stations
- Discharged patients and delivered confidential papers.
2017 - 2020, UCDavis - Dean’s List, College of Biological Sciences
2017 - 2020, UCDavis - Regents Scholar Recipient
I had Cynthia when I was struggling early on with organic chemistry, and she was the reason I passed so easily! I came prepared with questions about problems and concepts and she thoroughly answered all of my questions. Very helpful and easy to communicate with too, 10/10!!
chemistry lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest arithmetic lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, organic chemistry lessons for all!
Taking biochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|