I first gauge where the student is at, specifically with regards to the students' familiarity with the content they want to master, their learning habits, and attitude. I then communicate with the student about what teaching methodologies have worked best in the past to try it out. If the method is unsuccessful/inaccurate, we will work together to find a method that works, whether it be utilizing additional visual/auditory information, charts, additional practice material, etc.
I am a UCLA graduate with a degree in Physiological Science. I was chosen as a Learning Facilitator in college, and have 5 years of experience in teaching. I teach because I find it rewarding to help someone understand and master knowledge that will lead them towards creating a better future for themselves as well as the greater community.
Cancellation policy: If there is 2 no-shows (i.e. the student does not attend session without stating so beforehand), the student will be dropped from tutoring list. Cancellation needs to be notified at least 2 days prior.
Los Angeles, CA University of California, Los Angeles
B.S. in Physiological Science, June 2019. GPA: 3.60; MCAT: 509
High School Diploma, May 2015. GPA: 3.79
• SAT I: 2280 (Math: 800, Reading: 750, Writing: 730)
• SAT II Math: 800, Biology E: 790, Chinese with Listening: 780
• PSAT: 99th, 98th, 98th percentile on Math, Reading and Writing, respectively
Learning Facilitator University of California August 2017 – June 2019
• Created and taught supplementary sessions for Physics courses (PHYS 5B, PHYS 5C) to 40+ undergraduates from multiethnic, first-generation backgrounds every quarter; average ratings of 4.8 out of 5.0
• Mediated in students’ problems that were rooted distinctly in non-academic spheres, and referred students to relevant campus resources and offices as needed
Private Tutoring June 2014 – June 2016
• Developed individual lesson plans for International Baccalaureate (IB) Biology, IB Chemistry, SAT I Math, SAT I Reading, SAT I Writing, SAT II Biology, and SAT II Mathematics
• Utilized online platforms and interdisciplinary reading assignments to teach English writing and grammar to non-native speakers one-on-one
Co-Founder and Director Asian Pacific Hepatitis Outreach June 2017 – Present
• Recruit, teach, and train undergraduate volunteers on hepatitis pathophysiology, health insurance and counseling skills necessary to link hepatitis B and C positive patients to treatment and continual care
• Educate patients on hepatitis prevention in free screenings held across the greater Los Angeles area, in collaboration with David Geffen School of Medicine and Asian Pacific Liver Center in St. Vincent Medical Center
Health Education Officer Asian Pacific American Health CARE November 2016 – June 2019
• Organize and design 6+ seminars every year to educate community members on preventative measures towards prevalent health conditions, including but not limited to diabetes, hypertension, and breast cancer
• Collect patients’ medical and social history during free health screenings, and present concerns to consulting physicians
• Fluent in English, Korean, and Mandarin Chinese; Proficient in MS Office Suite; EPIC EMR; Experience with MATLAB, MS Access, ANOVA and Stata statistical techniques
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$35|