Excellent communication is essential to inform, describe, convince, or tell a story. It needs to consider the audience for whom is intended, is it general, knowledgeable or an expert audience? Is that audience in an academic setting or a more casual one?
As a writer the underlying principle is to proofread, proofread, proofread. That is the difference between a good writer and a great one.
Research Scholar with comprehensive knowledge of proteomics, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology techniques. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex scientific and medical information and data. Proven track record of success as evidenced by 6 peer-reviewed publications, over 20 national and international conference presentations and more than 10 years of didactic teaching and mentoring experience.
Rates may vary according to level. Rush and cancel rates apply.
Basic copyediting 5–10 ms pgs/hr $30–40/hr
Heavy copyediting 2–5 ms pgs/hr $40–50/hr
INDEXING 8–20 pr pgs/hr $35–65/hr
PROOFREADING 9–13 ms pgs/hr $30–35/hr
NOTE: ind pg = indexable page, ms = manuscript, pr = printed, pg = page, hr = hour, wd = word
UNIVERSITY OF IOWA, Iowa, IA Aug 2016 – Apr 2018
Postdoctoral Research Scholar
Strategic contributor to complex research projects to study the neurobiology of energy homeostasis, motivated behavior, autonomic and blood pressure regulation relating to obesity, hypertension and eating disorders.
Planed, performed, and analyzed experiments utilizing molecular biology techniques such as DNA and RNA isolation and purification, restriction analysis, vector construction and plasmid preps, PCR, RT-PCR, sequencing, and genotyping.
Consistently applied chemogenetics, optogenetics, neurophysiology, biochemistry, and molecular biology to identify the causes of obesity, hypertension, and eating disorders.
Ignite Science Camp, San Juan, PR Jun 2015, Jun 2016
Faculty / Head Proctor
Teach High School students fundamental life science concepts and commonly used modern laboratory techniques and expose them to the various career paths within the life sciences.
Hone each student’s scientific data analysis and presentation skills.
Provide High School science teachers the tools needed to incorporate hands-on experiments into their biology curriculum.
HOSPITAL AUXILIO MUTUO, San Juan, PR Aug 2015 – Jul 2016
Successfully applied the protein expression, biochemistry, and cell biology, molecular biology, genetics, cloning, cell culture (thaw, transfection, growth, cell banking), transfection, and aseptic techniques to study the biology of bioactive lipids in red blood cells and cancer cells.
Worked with hospital administration on planning, organizing, and directing laboratory operations and ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
INTERAMERICAN UNIVERSITY, San Juan, PR Nov 2012 – Feb 2016
Facilitated sessions on the mechanisms of genetic control used by microorganisms to regulate their metabolism and growth to undergraduate students.
Successfully taught molecular biology and biotechnology techniques and their application in the microbiology field to undergraduate students.
Developed complex teaching materials to meet different learning needs and to encourage microbiology skills development in undergraduate students, and prepare the appropriate Class Assessment reports.
Constantly urged students to refine skills in microbiology and to raise their interests in sciences.
UNIVERSITY OF PUERTO RICO, Rio Piedras, PR Aug 2007 – Jun 2008
Scientific Instrumentation Specialist
Supported the project leader in the writing and revision of scientific summary reports including a description of the test method(s), supporting data and discussing results, providing conclusions relative to acceptance criteria, and providing references.
Organized data in EXCEL files so document readers can readily trace the supporting data when required.
Developed collateral and educational materials for users/clients.
Created documentation to support auditor submissions using the scientific summary reports as a reference for content.
Successfully evaluate data and completed literature reviews to publish two major research studies and their findings.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Ph.D. in Biology, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, PR, Dec 2014
• Project leader for the Generation and Characterization of an EFHD2 Knockout Mice.
• Planed, performed, and analyzed experiments utilizing behavioral tests, molecular biology techniques such as DNA and RNA isolation and purification, restriction analysis, vector construction and plasmid preps, PCR, site-directed mutagenesis, sequencing, and genotyping.
• Expanded teaching and leadership experience by instructing, supervising and grading 200+ Biology Major Students in Biochemistry, Molecular and Developmental Biology course.
• Supervised several teams of undergraduate students developing small parts of larger projects.
• Recommended and formulated protocols and experimental plans for multiple projects that lead to 3 peer-reviewed articles.
M.Sc. in Biology, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, PR, Jun 2007
• The leader of the Identification of Tor1p as a Protein Kinase Involved in the Phosphorylation of Upf1p in Yeast project.
• Planed, performed, and analyzed experiments utilizing molecular biology techniques such as DNA and RNA isolation and purification, restriction analysis, vector construction and plasmid preps, PCR, sequencing, yeast culture and mutagenesis.
• Professional mentor to first-year graduate students through the NSF funded Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate Program.
• Teaching Assistant in undergraduate chemistry for the MARC Program.
AWARDS, AFFILIATIONS & HOBBIES
• 2017 American Physiological Society Minority Travel Fellowship Award
• 2014 Recipient UPR Golf Tournament Scholarship, Office of the Dean for Graduate Studies and Research (declined)
• 2007 RNA Theme Best Poster Award American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
• Graduate Women in Science / Editorial Freelancers Association
creative writing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Resume / Cover letter writing prep for all!
Taking Dissertation and thesis writing preparation has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$50|