Each student is unique. I listen carefully to understand their challenges as I work with them to identify their preferred learning style. Then I help the student to develop habits to absorb the material, revise it, organize time, and celebrate all the little and big successes along the way. Improvement happens over time, and I enjoy watching students grow over time. It all starts with listening and responding to a student's core needs. Please come to our meeting with paper, pencils, and other supplies as needed. I do not provide school supplies.
I have an MA in history and I am passionate about making it accessible through great writing and engaging stories. I am eager to help students to express themselves with confidence and to foster curiosity to learn. Students write and learn more effectively when they enjoy the process. I sparked a love for history in my college classroom and among my own children. I am a contributing author in a forthcoming college textbook, a collection of parent narratives about parenting a child with a disability. I love languages and am conversationally proficient in two Indian languages and study Sanskrit for fun. I love to share my knowledge, skills, and curiosity through tutoring.
I charge $45/hr to meet online. I offer discounts for online lessons: $350/10 lessons.
Payment is due at the start of our lesson and/or on the first day of 5- or 10-lesson bundles, sent via PayPal to my email address.
Please cancel at lease 3 hours in advance by email and with a phone call, to make sure I receive the message. Please leave a detailed message, in case I do not pick up right away. Text is not always reliable because due to issues with connectivity. I will wait up to 15 minutes for late arrivals. Payment is due for no-shows and cancellations with less than three hours of prior notice.
I will let you know by email and/or phone call, if I am sick or in case of emergency. I will re-schedule our meeting for another time.
Paralegal 2017- to date
• Responsible for maintaining client files
• Communicating with clients, lenders, and others involved in the residential purchase and sale process
• Responsible for recording of real estate transactions at the Massachusetts Registry of Deeds
• Handle monies pertaining to real estate transactions
Compile documents and prepare them for delivery to lenders as per protocol
• Assemble and edit legal documents, such as deeds, powers of attorney, property descriptions, and others for the attorney to review
• Assist the attorney during closing, if needed. This often includes scanning and sending documents as needed
• Occasionally translating into Hindi, for Indian clients, to facilitate better understanding of the attorney’s advice
Entrepreneur, 2013- to date
Founder and Owner
• Small business to promote my specialty candy, professionally made for my label
• Developed my unique spiced butter crunch recipe
• Vetted contract manufacturers
• Created a unique brand identity through my own written matter for candy and other items
• Hired a graphic artist for artwork and label designs
• Continue to promote and sell fairly-traded, sustainably produced specialty gifts made by survivors of human trafficking and abuse
Adjunct Professor, Univ. of Indianapolis Business School 2011, Spring
• Taught two undergraduate business courses; one, entitled “Global Business Leadership”; and the other, “Business Research Methods”
• Facilitated effective group dynamics in corporate settings where cultural diversity posed challenges
• Developed a model to understand specific elements of good work cultures
• Researched and designed small-group activities to drive discussion among work teams to reveal and understand deeper dynamics
• Collaborated with others to promote this service
• Liaison among stakeholder groups
• Learned corporate sales techniques useful to business service consultants
• Studied current literature on change management, organizational development, and psychology to formulate and tailor my service to the needs of my audience
• Conducted public speaking events for HR groups at local corporate offices and business forums to promote cultural competence training and to share my perspective
Adjunct Professor of History, Univ. of Indianapolis, College of Arts and Sciences 2004-06
• Taught World History for freshman students for two years
Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 1991-1993
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 1986-1990
BUILD Boston, 2016-17
BUILD is an educational program within the Boston Public School system that exposes students to entrepreneurship through an in-school elective program. Students work in small groups to research, design, build, and market their chosen products. They pitch their projects to audiences of business executives and get feedback for the production phase.
• Assisted my group to research and design their product, a stitched key-chain clip-on
• Met weekly after school during the production phase.
• Worked with my co-mentor and encouraged students to apply newly acquired skills in their production journey, from concept to creation
• Supported the team to try new things, initiate creative risks, and challenge their fears of public speaking
• School performance improved through personal accountability and time management
• Grew as an entrepreneur through my volunteer work and interactions with other mentors in the program
The Robbins House, Concord MA 2016- to date
Board Member, Volunteer
• Collaborate with fellow Board members to promote awareness and understanding of African-American history in Concord and throughout New England
• Work with sub-committee members to design permanent exhibits
• Participate in Board meetings to shape Robins House activities in a manner that is consistent with its mission and vision
• Represented the Robbins House and participated in the Concord-Carlisle Cultural Competence Committee, from January to May 2018, to explore cultural competence as a guiding principle in attracting teachers of diverse cultural backgrounds to consider employment in the school district
• Enjoy learning Sanskrit with a group of dedicated students at the Advaita Meditation Center in Waltham, MA
• Am a writer and author of both personal non-fiction essays and short-story fiction that explore perceptions of race, culture, disability, and history
• Contributing author in a recently-published collection of parent narratives exploring the intersection of cultural diversity and disability. This volume will serve as a textbook in undergraduate courses in education and disability studies at Lesley University in Cambridge, MA. Here is a link for more information.
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$45|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$225|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$450|