I excel at helping clients hone their focus, improve clarity and concision, and develop individual style. Although I focus more on technique than content, I have broad and varied experience consulting for literature, philosophy, astrophysics, and education courses, and I'm happy to work with writers in all disciplines. I’ve been consulting remotely since early 2020, so I am very comfortable meeting digitally in real-time or providing feedback asynchronously.
I take great joy in helping my clients gain confidence in their academic and creative abilities and polish their communication skills. In my free time, I enjoy hiking, costume design, dog training, log rolling, and fiber crafts. Please feel free to contact me with questions!
Emma is one of our best tutors. High-quality profile and excellent qualifications, organized and responsive to lesson requests, appreciated by their students!
I have a joint degree from Middlebury College in English and American Literature and Theater, and I've worked as a writing consultant and academic mentor since September 2017. In this time, I've worked with 75+ students in a range of disciplines. I’d love to work with you on cover letters, college essays, and writing projects of all sorts!
Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT Graduated February 2021
Bachelor of Arts: English and American Literatures and Theater
- GPA: 3.8
- Ward Writing Prize finalist, National Merit Scholar commended student
- Certified online writing tutor for various other platforms
Thinktown Education Inc. January 2021 - Present
- Assist students with college essays/academic assignments
- Provide feedback and instruction about content, clarity, and grammar
- Preserve students’ unique voices while adhering to assignments
- Collaborate with other specialists to best serve students
The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research Sept 2017 - Nov 2020
Writing Consultant and Academic Mentor
- Execute one-on-one tutoring sessions focused on writing + study skills
- Lead group seminars on time management, goal setting, productivity
- Create individualized tutoring curricula to suit each student’s needs
- Help students communicate effectively in their academic lives
- Participate in anti-racist tutoring seminar series
Head Tutor and Social Media Manager Sept 2019 - May 2020
- Collaborate with leadership team in regular meetings
- Compile materials for CTLR websites (both internal and public)
- Interface with campus community through social media
Perfect! Emma is a first-rate writing tutor. She helped me to dramatically improve my writing structure and logic. She is also a very good listener and is very pleasant to work with. If you are looking for a highly intelligent, sophisticated writing tutor, I can't imagine anyone more qualified than Emma.
Emma is a patient, knowledgeable, and caring teacher. She pays close attention to the needs of her students and works closely with them every step of the way to ensure success. She is readily available and easy to get in touch with for sessions. I recommend her highly!!
Emma was a huge help with the essays I wrote while at Middlebury College. She knows how to ask the right questions, listens carefully to all my answers, and really helps me organize my thoughts. I always left sessions with her feeling far more in control and confident about whatever I was writing.
Emma is a close friend and has edited many of my essays and cover letters. She is highly skilled, asking the perfect questions to clarify what the writing is trying to communicate. She's also great at finding mistakes in grammar and logic.
Emma is a fantastic writer who knows how to take good writing and make it excellent writing. She was a huge help in writing cover letters!
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$35|