Inclusive – All body types, backgrounds, and abilities are welcome, and I do my best to meet students where they are.
Participatory – I use active cues to encourage students to play an active part in their yoga practice. I use more active cues
Empowering – Options and challenges are given in a safe environment. Students are encouraged to choose the option that is in tune with the condition of their body and mind at the time of practice.
Intuitive – Although my asana sequence is somewhat structured, we sometimes go off-script. Tuning in and being fully present as a teacher allows me to be receptive to what students need. I believe being fully present is much more valuable than having a fixed sequence.
I am a Yoga and Meditation teacher with over 7 years of teaching experience. I have taught group classes in studio, clinic, and corporate settings, as well as private sessions to seniors and students with limited mobility. I have helped clients manage symptoms and side effects of Parkinson's Disease and stroke. I use my experience as a triathlete and competitive cyclist to lead sequences for building strength and preventing injury.
Private classes in the comfort of your own home. No transportation charge for students residing in Mount Rainier, Hyattsville, Riverdale, and College Park. Enroll in at least five private sessions and receive free access to all my weekly public classes.
Yoga and Meditation Teacher, Private Practice, Jan 2016 to present
- Teaches group and one-on-one classes in clinics, residences, personal home studio, and online.
- Facilitates self care and stress management sessions for corporate groups and organizations.
- Planned and facilitated half-day wellness retreats for various vacation and spa resorts.
Yoga and Meditation Teacher, Yoga District, Washington, DC, Sep 2014 to Sep 2015
- Taught Vinyasa and Dharma Flow classes
- Led community meditation sittings
Studio Liaison & Promotions, Yoga District, Washington, DC, Sep 2013 to Sep 2015
- Designed artwork for multiple studio locations and events
- Assisted studio manager with administrative and maintenance duties
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga District, Washington DC
- 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training with Dharma Yoga Center, New York City
- 30-hour Programming and Sequencing Intensive: Handstands and Flexibility
- Reiki Master Certification with The Light of Healing
- Certified in Adult, Child, and Baby First Aid/CPR/AED
yoga lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest hatha lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, flow yoga lessons for all!
Taking vinyasa yoga lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||$30||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||$28||$350|