- Hourly rate $15
- Response Time 24h
1st lesson free!
B O D Y: Yoga for the Musculo-skeletal System (8 total units)
- at his home
- at your home
About the lesson
This series consists of 8 units suitable for all body types Depending, backgrounds and skill levels. Students can expect to learn the following Key Concepts:
1. Yoga philosophy, poses and breath.
2. Sanskrit names, etymology, mythology and traditional ayurvedic yogic practices.
3. Scientific terminology for anatomy, biological and biochemical systems as is necessary.
4. Concepts related to loving kindness.
5. Classification and engagement of power systems and muscle fiber recruitment and visualization techniques.
* If you're in Alaska, please feel free to come to Embodiment, in downtown Anchorage!
- Vinyasa Yoga
1. Graduated from a 200 Hr certified teacher training in 2014 and began teaching.
3. Registered with Yoga Alliance (YA) as a certified Instructor approaching 1000 teaching hours (E-RYT).
4. Attended the University of Alaska Anchorage studying mathematics, chemistry, geology, social sciences and anatomy labs. I now blend my knowledge and continued research into each class, series and workshop.
In 2011, someone tried to kill me. I lived through the violent attack but the experience I had was deeply spiritual and left me with an unsatiable curiosity for answers. At the time I was reading my first work by Carl Sagan (The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark), so I considered myself to be a man of reasonable logic with a sound understanding of science. Yet the near death experience I lived through was undeniable spiritual...so I started looking for answers and began at the source of "new-age" enlightenment: Ayurveda and Yoga.
Ten years later I still struggle to make sense of existence but I never stop learning and now I'm equipped with a wealth of knowledge, the guidance and wisdom of countless gurus, a scientific understanding of the natural world and a heart that desires to live a life of loving kindness.
In 2020, I opened the doors to Embodiment, a yoga studio in Anchorage, Alaska.
- 5h: $75
- 10h: $150
- + $$8
These rates are for any unit in either
1. Body: Yoga for the Musculo-skeletal System;
2. Breath: Yoga for the Cardiovascular System or;
3. Balance: Yoga for the Nervous System.
Please inquire about specialized classes, workshops and more by email or phone.