My name is Morgan Bernard. I run a student travel company. I graduated with a Bachelors degree in history from Sewanee: The University of the South. I am a freelance writer for various publications. I can tutor any History or English course. I also have experience in test prep for ACT/SAT/SSAT/PSAT
I have been tutoring for just under a year, but I have tutored well over 10 students regularly in various subjects. My students consistently improved in their tutored subjects. As both a tutor and a test prep academic coach I have sufficiently improved my students ability to be accepted into the university of their choice.
2339 Bolsover Street, Houston, TX 77005 ▪ (concealed information) ▪ (concealed information)
The University of the South, Sewanee, TN
Bachelor of Arts degree Received May 2016
St. John’s School, Houston, TX
Diploma received 2012
Co-Founder & Executive Director of Knowledge on the Run LLC (Summer 2016-Present)
• Student travel organization that specializes in condensed abroad experiences with an experiential learning and alternative education focus.
Campus Ambassador/ Team Lead, Tilt, San Francisco, CA, Fall 2014-Spring 205
• Hired and oversaw as many as 10 other campus ambassadors at Sewanee
Organized events on campus using the Tilt app and website to increase brand awareness
Intern, Griffin & Partners, Houston, TX, Summer 2014
• Researched potential properties for future purchase and lease using third-party information and added data to a proprietary database
• Researched properties recently purchased by other commercial real estate companies
• Prepared five Offering Memoranda to share with potential investors using a list of facts to develop appealing brochures to describe properties
• Researched family offices located in California and New York to contact for investment opportunities
Counselor, Camp Champions, Marble Falls, TX, Summers 2012 and 2013
• Developed leadership skills, teamwork, collaboration and communication skills among high school boys (2014)
• Supervised a cabin of 12 boys ages 10-11 (2012-2014)
• Assisted with the safe operation of the waterfront and boating program (2012-2014)
• Instructed campers in water skiing, wakeboarding, and sailing (2012-2014)
Lifeguard, River Oaks Country Club, Houston, TX, Summer 2013
Lifeguard, West University Colonial Park Pool, Houston, TX, Summers 2009-2012
• Monitored and ensured the safety of pool patrons and tested the pH and chlorine levels
• Maintained the functioning of the water park at West University Colonial Park Pool
Sales & Marketing, Shop Sarah Stewart, Houston, TX, Summers 2012-2014
• Conducted retail inventory as new merchandise arrived
• Assisted in sales to department stores
Tutor & Academic Coach, Firat Education Solutions, Houston, TX, November 2016-Present
• Tutored Students one-on-one in AP & regular US & World History, English, ACT & SAT Verbal
Purple Haze Rugby Team, 2012-present
President of Club (2015-2016)
• Director of the Cabinet: plan practices, organize events and meetings (Fall 2014-present)
• Devote 8 hours per week to practices and games
• Dixie League Champions, 2013 and 2014; National Championship Qualifiers, 2013 and 2014
Member, Phi Gamma Delta, 2013-present
It is always a pleasure working with Morgan! He is super helpful and selfless with his time. He's always willing to help! He makes a subject a hundred times more interesting. Great teacher!!
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Academic tutoring for all!
Taking Test prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||$200||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||$400||$400|