I believe that everyone can succeed with the right environment and support. As an instructor, I approach any teaching situation with a plan but often adjust a session's structure based on the student's interests and attitude. I hold students accountable for their work and progress, encouraging independent thinking as they hone or gain skills.
I am a dance instructor with a degree in dance and English from Skidmore College. I have been teaching for about 6 years and I have experience working with people of all ages (18 months to 80 years) and abilities (neurotypical, intellectual/physical disabilities). I am eager to support you or your child's learning, whether it be for an English/Reading class in school or training in a dance style. I believe that everyone can succeed with the right environment and support.
Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY September 2015–May 2019
Bachelor’s degree, majors in Dance and English; Magna Cum Laude, Honors in Dance, Honors in English
Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter New Hampshire September 2011–June 2015
Tutu School, Brooklyn, NY April 2020–present
Lead ballet and creative movement classes virtually and in-person for children ages 1.5-8 years, create lesson plans following school curriculum, track attendance, produce content for social media pages.
Assistant Teaching Artist
Mark Morris Dance Group, Brooklyn, NY September 2019–present
• For Dance for PD, The School, and Community Education programs, demonstrate class combinations and movement modifications for participants, support lead teacher, assist with class and site logistics.
Go-FIT and Figure Skating Specialist
Figure Skating in Harlem, New York, NY July 2019–present
• Teach an introductory dance class surveying different styles for students ages 7-12, craft and implement course curriculum, prepare students for on- and off-ice performances.
• Teach figure skating skills to students ages 8-13, create lesson plans, choreograph routines for shows.
Skidmore College Dance Department, Saratoga Springs, NY January 2017–December 2018
• Supported instructors in Improvisation I, Modern I, and Ballet I courses. Demonstrated combinations, led warm-up exercises, assisted students in preparations for final performances, graded written work.
Dance for PD, Brooklyn, NY January–June 2018
• Facilitated participant arrival/departure, tracked attendance, offered customer service related to programming, supported program directors administratively, assisted with and led dance classes.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|