I try to build a rapport with my students and really get to know them. I want to figure out how they learn best (hands on, visual, hearing, etc) and try to tailor my tutoring to that learning style!
I am a certified K-8 teacher since 2004. I also have been an Adjunct Professor in Reading since 2012. I have a Bachelors in English and Masters in Reading Education. My passion is helping students be successful in whatever they do.
VIRGINIA COLLEGE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND HEALTH, Knoxville, TN 2013 - 2015
PELLISSIPPI STATE TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Knoxville, TN 2012 - Present
Adjunct Professor – Reading, College Success, Advisor and Tutor
• Contribute to the educational development of students by teaching courses in English and reading; prepare lesson plans that comply with curriculum requirements and learning objectives.
• Assist students with the learning process and encourage participation in classroom activities through interactive and team-based activities in addition to personal development within the subject matter.
• Success has been based on connecting with students and assisting them in overcoming barriers by adapting teaching methods to their learning styles.
• Selected to mentor new Adjunct Professors to answer questions and assist them in making the transition to college.
PRIVATE HOMESCHOOL TEACHER, Knoxville, TN 2020-Present
NORTHWEST MIDDLE SCHOOL, Knoxville, TN 2020-2020
HALLS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Knoxville, TN 2010 - 2012
DOGWOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Knoxville, TN 2005 - 2008
BELLE MORRIS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Knoxville, TN 2003 – 2005
Elementary and Middle School Teacher
• Applied creative teaching techniques that positively impacted academic growth of students; accountable for lesson planning, classroom management, and administering student reward/recognition ideas to reinforce good conduct.
• Modified classroom materials, instructional techniques, lessons, presentation styles, and tests to accommodate learning styles of each student and assisted them in achieving their maximum potential.
• Implemented interactive activities using technology (smartboards, videos, iPads, computers), and other ideas that encouraged classroom participation, held students' attention, and established a fun learning experience.
• Served on Event Planning committees to organize and plan annual events, fund-raisers, and faculty social events.
• Served on the SACS Reaccreditation Committee to ensure Dogwood Elementary School was in compliance with regulations for retaining accreditation.
• Achieved "Above Average" on performance reviews and earned recognition for continuing to improve students' standardized test scores.
CLAYTON HOMES/VANDERBILT MORTGAGE, Knoxville, TN Prior to 2003
Customer Service Representative & Insurance Claims Associate
• Provided customer service in a high volume, fast-paced inbound call center to answer questions about home loans, update accounts, and provide information on insurance claims or delinquent payments.
• Documented customer interaction in computer to update customer files and provide account information for management team and other customer service team members.
• Handled insurance claims administration on behalf of homeowners including gathering information on claims, entering data in computer, submitting to adjusters, and managing homeowner relationships until claims were settled.
EDUCATION: Master of Science (Teacher Education) - THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE, Knoxville, TN
B.A. Elementary Education - THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE, Knoxville, TN
LICENSES: Tennessee Teaching License, Elementary K-8
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Test prep for all!
Taking oral expression lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|