I try to break down seemingly daunting tasks into smaller, bite-size pieces, and I attempt to give each student a metaphorical "tool box" of strategies to approaching literature and poetry, writing about literature, and constructing productive analyses in essays. These strategies also come in handy with building creative pieces and determining what works and why in creating a good creative work.
I am currently a junior at a liberal arts college pursuing an English major. I have done a junior Independent Study in the avenue of literature and the media, and I am experienced in essay writing, creative writing, and editing. I also have an extensive arts background, which I often use in making comparisons and analogies in my teaching, if possible.
For pricing, I require a day's advance notice for a cancelled lesson or I will still charge for that missed time.
The College of Wooster, Wooster, OH Expected Graduation: May 2022
Degree: Bachelor of Arts Major: English Minor: Music
Honors: Dean’s Scholarship, Music Scholarship, Dean’s List (Fall 2019) GPA: 3.91
Firestone High School, Akron, OH Graduation Date: June 2018
Honors: National Honor Society, International Baccalaureate Diploma recipient, Valedictorian
Self-Employed, Virtual January 2020 – Present
- Promoted and marketed myself to clients interested in receiving editorial and administrative assistance
- Assisted in organizing and compiling relevant project information and research
- Conducted thorough editing and review of grant proposals and applications prior to submission
Central Christian School, Kidron, OH September 2019 – May 2020
- Worked one-on-one with students aged 6 -17 to improve their cello performance on orchestral and solo pieces
- Designed lesson plans tailored to each individual student
- Submitted constructive feedback and grades at the completion of every quarter
The College of Wooster Gault Alumni Center, Wooster, OH September 2018 – Present
Annual Giving Assistant/Phonathon Supervisor
- Assisted with stewardship and fundraising programs by promoting the college on social media and performing data entry, mailing, and general organizational tasks
- Collaborated with the Annual Giving team to improve and maintain good alumni relations
- Utilized independence and creativity on several projects
Self-Employed, Northeast Ohio Area July 2017 – Present
- Rehearsed and performed a wide range of music in small ensembles for events such as wedding ceremonies, cocktail hours, receptions, and art gallery exhibitions
- Communicated effectively with clients and ensemble members to coordinate logistical details
- Taught private lessons in the local area to interested students, aged 6-17, to improve their cello performance
Lock 3 Summer Arts Experience, Akron, OH July 2014 – August 2016
- Worked alongside professional local artists and other apprentices to create artwork for the City of Akron
- Learned new skills, such as playing the steel drums, painting murals, and creating stained glass pieces
- Created and delivered professional presentations to clients and relevant community members
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Technology: Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Google Docs, Dropbox, Canva, Blackbaud RENXT, Musescore
Professional: Time Management, Communication, Collaboration, Design – all acquired from Annual Giving work, private lesson teaching, and balancing several projects with my coursework
Interests: Cello, Piano, Percussion, Musical Arranging and Composition, Badminton, Hiking, Filmmaking
Certifications: TEFL Certified
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|