Graduated Berklee College of Music majoring in Performance and self-studying arranging and composition
Experience tutoring in theory and playing
My lessons involve going through your weakness and teach you ways to help fix them instead of forcing topics. I go by what the student wants to learn and what I think you need to help in.
I've been teaching and tutoring for a year privately. My style of teaching was inspired by my mentor Chris Loftlin (Brian McKnight's Current Bassist) at Berklee College of Music. From what I've done, my students have learned more about playing and understanding the music language.
Beginner - $30
Intermediate - specified rate
I am a professional bassist with the knowledge of music theory and ability to perform in a wide variety of styles. Im always open to collaborate with others and I am a great team player. Other experiences include computer programing and education in music.
Session Musician, Bassist — 2014 - Present
Over 100 hours of recording for:
• Fordham High School for the Arts (Jazz) (Lehman College Studios, NYC) 2014
• Voices of Berklee (Pop) 2015 (The Record Company, Boston MA)
• Trap Music Orchestra (Trap/Jazz/Hip-Hop) 2015 - Fall 2016 (Berklee Studios, Boston MA)
• Marianna Secca Group (Folk/Portuguese) 2014- Present (Berklee Studio, Boston MA)
• Caleb Hensinger Group (Jazz/Soul) 2014 (The Record Company, Boston MA)
• Jazz Revelation 2015 (Jazz) (Jazz Revelation Records, Boston MA)
• Student Projects at Berklee College (Styles Vary) (Berklee Studios, Boston MA)
Bassist — 2006 - Present
Playing bass with groups and notable artist such as:
• Trap Music Orchestra (Current)
• Marianna Secca (Current)
• FATES (Current)
• Bernard Purdie (Past for a New York Radio Event 2014) • Yoron Israel (Past 2015- Church)
• J.D. Blair and Derico Watson ( Berklee Bass Weekend, Summer 2013) • York College Blue Notes (Big Band) (2011-2014)
• Kenny Werner (2014 Opportunity during NYU Audition)
• J.T. Lewis (with York College Blue Notes 2013-2014) Movie Extra 2016
Movie featured extra playing bass for Kathryn Bigalow’s Untitled Detroit Project also including Leon Lewis and Miguel.
Music Director — 2016- Present
Current Music Directing a R&B/Neo-Soul group at Berklee under the faculty menber Skip Smith.
Teacher Assistant, Berklee Day Camp — Summer 2015 - Present
Assisted students in their ensembles and help teachers when needed.
Berklee College of Music, Performance; Boston, MA - Graduate Awards:
• Deans List: Spring 2015
• Outstanding Performing/ Learner Scholarship 2017
• Scholarship Recipient for North American Tour Scholarship
• Chris Loftlin (Bass Faculty), Victor Bailey (Bass Faculty), Anthony Vitti (Bass Faculty), Danny Morris (Bass Faculty), John Funkhouser (Bass Faculty), and Kevin Harris (Piano Faculty), Whit Browne (Bass Faculty), James Genus (Bass Faculty)
• Outside Alumni includes Steven Jenkins and Bryan Ladd. SKILLS
• Upright Bass
• Electric Bass
• Notation: Finale
• Recording: Logic Pro
Michael is very professional, he always has new and fresh material to keep the lessons fun. He also has a heart for teaching and he will make sure his students are retaining the information. Highly recommend Michael!
music reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music theory lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, bass guitar lessons for all!
Taking double bass lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|