I completed my AA in General Studies in May of 2017 and I am now majoring in English. I tutor students from kindergarten through high school.
I teach students how to write clearly and concisely, yet with enthusiasm and individuality. When teaching reading I emphasize the use of creative as well as critical thinking skills
My methodology as a tutor is to make sure that my students understand the material they are reading or writing about and to help them approach it in a way that is meaningful to them and thought provoking.
I have been helping students with all aspects of English for about 2+ years. I have taught as a work study tutor for middle schoolers for two semesters and have helped my siblings and friends edit and write their high school and college essays for over two years. I have worked with approximately 15 students over the past few years (some short term some long term) and have helped several pass their required college English and writing courses with A's and B's.
If more than one student would like to share an hour lesson it is only 5 additional dollars for one more student.
Eastern Arizona College
2013-2017 A.A. General Studies
• Served as Vice President of Service for Phi Theta Kappa.
• Sigma Kappa Delta
• Journalist for Odyssey Online
Safford Unified School District
Work Study Student August 2015 – May 2016
• Tutoring Middle School English and other subjects as required.
• Office work including organizing paperwork, proofreading, editing, and running errands for staff.
Freelance Writing (Self Employed)
• Had several freelance articles published in Eastern Arizona Couriers 2017 Visitor's Guide.
• Native English speaker with two years of French.
• Experienced in technology and computer skills.
• Experience with formal writing and editing including tutoring friends and family members
• Two and a half years of blogging.
• Academic writing has been featured as writing samples for peers by my college professors.
I know from experience that Elizabeth will expect only the best from herself in terms of the standards she sets for her study. Not only does she have high standards for education, she also knows how to incorporate positive energy into her teaching methods by encouraging a friendly and supportive teacher-student relationship. Her enthusiasm as a teacher as well as her paramount standards will lead to positive results among her students, which will make her an excellent teacher.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|