My teaching method is based on a student-centered approach intended to address the distinct learning needs, interests, aspirations, or cultural backgrounds of individual students. My approach is based on a holistic method of learning, utilizing brain-based learning techniques which practices and promotes a more holistic approach to teaching that acknowledges the interconnectedness of the brain and how it naturally learns.
As a professional educator I offer academic support in a variety of subjects, however, English Studies is my specialty. Since 2003 I have been assisting students with innovative academic intervention. I am a Certified Tutor and Academic Coach, with a Masters degree in Education. I have helped several dozens of students improve their academic performance and realize their true academic potential.
KELLAE K. GYENING
An accomplished and results-oriented educator with 11 years’ experience in implementing and coordinating academic programs for students without and with neurological and neurobiological disorders. Proficient in developing program needs, assessments, and evaluations. Expert in providing students a supportive environment that promotes self-advocacy, motivation, and excellence in learning as they pursue their academic goals.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Formative and Summative Evaluations
• Behavioral Mentoring and Planning
• Assessment, Reports, and Records
• Case Management and Crisis Intervention
• Strategic Intervention and Resource
• Client Relations and Communication Skills
• Progress Monitoring
• Motivation and Confidence Building
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION & TRAINING
•Certified Life Coach 2018
Life Coach Training Institute
•Certified Academic Coach 2017
National Tutoring Association
•Master of Science: Education and Psychology 2016
• Bachelor of Science: Psychology with Minor in Sociology 2006
Kennesaw State University
• Vocational Psychology and Career Development
• Psychological Foundations of Education
• Curriculum Development
• Behavioral Pathology
• Trends and Issues in Adult Education
• School Leadership in Diverse Settings
• Leadership & Supervision in Education
Academic Coach, Blossoming Minds, Duluth, GA
May 2017- Present
• Collaborate with students and assist them to acquire and attain educational and career goals by aiding them to develop good study habits, preparing them for college admissions, financial responsibilities, exams, and evaluating student progress.
• Assist students in developing short and long-term strategic plans after analyzing data to identify individual student needs.
• Attend meetings as a consultant for students & parents to ensure that proper placement and educational considerations are met through IEP or 504 plans.
• Facilitate students to identify academic and personal strengths and weaknesses and assist students in setting their educational and career goals.
• Develop positive habits, problem-solving skills, and organizational skills to ensure their success.
• Analyze data and tracking student progress towards goals.
Academic Success Coach, Peak Performance Education-Buford, GA
Aug. 2012-May 2017
• Collect and analyze data reviewing academic records, tests, interviews, and professional sources identifying learning styles, habits of working, current difficulties, and barriers to success
• Design individualized student achievement plans collectively setting short and long-term goals; Dramatically increasing self-determination, personal goal orientation, and academic achievement.
• Collaborate with students, parents, teachers, and school counselors to best meet the needs of students.
• Advise and prepare for post-secondary education by evaluating transcripts, conducting surveys, and administering personality and career assessments to help students develop academic and career goals.
• Monitor progress via Google and school portal to formulate weekly status reports and provide constructive feedback to reinforce student’s awareness of strengths and weaknesses.
Learning Success Coach, TPH Center of Excellence-Duluth, GA
Aug. 2015 - May 2016
• Administered pragmatic self-knowledge and self-directed learning activities to motivate interest towards future educational goals.
• Provided guidance with SAT/ACT preparation, college and financial aid applications and submission processes.
• Created and reported weekly individualized reports to provided challenging and relative feedback and ensure student awareness of academic progress and weaknesses.
• Track progress of students’ development with observation, pre-and post-formative, and summative evaluations, and self-reflection activities.
• Collaborated with program administrators to expand and execute organizational outreach and enrollment initiatives.
Program Manager-Children of Excellence-Decatur, Ga
Aug. 2008- May 2012
• Facilitated strategic plans in such areas of community outreach, volunteer, and mentoring recruitment, and program development.
• Mentored students to help them overcome personal, behavioral, social, and academic problems affecting academic achievement.
• Evaluated students’ needs for supplemental assistance and provided resources for appropriate supportive services.
• Acknowledged four years in a row for 98% student success rate and 100% client satisfaction.
• Selected as a primary coach to handle extreme “at risk” clients.
• Resolved behavioral problems, motivating, and refocusing students.
• Increased overall student achievement by an average of 22% over the course of the school year.
• Commended for “extra mile” mentality, Outstanding support, and
innovative instructional techniques; evidenced by repeat clientele and extensive referrals.
Perfect blend of academia and nurturing!
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking Test prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|