I've taught college level and high school English. My basic philosophy is that all writing is an argument whether it is a personal narration or a research essay using multiple sources. All writing is creative and I teach students how to writing informative writing using telling facts that give the reader pleasure.
I have a M.A. in English literature. I've taught and tutored invention, argumentative writing and general writing composition for many years.
I've been teaching for 20+ years. I've tutored over 100 students individually. I've taught many hundreds of students in college classrooms over the years.
Tutoring/Writing Consultant (2017- present)
(English Composition and Study Skills)
• Monroe Community College, Rochester, NY (2017-present)
Teaching Experience (1990-present)
Design and teach Introduction to English Composition. Taught literature classes including Creative Writing, Short Stories and Women in Literature. Evaluated student writing, developed strategies for responding effectively to a wide range of writing abilities within diverse populations of students, used online learning management systems (Moodle and Blackboard) to communicate with students outside of class
• Nazareth College, Pittsford, NY
• Monroe Community College, Rochester, NY
• University of Maryland University College, College Park, MD
• T.A. and Master Teacher - University of Maryland, College Park, MD
• Montgomery College, Rockville, MD
• Strayer College, Washington, D.C.
(Profiles, theater reviews, health and lifestyle articles, local news)
• Democrat & Chronicle Newspaper, Rochester, NY
• The Wedge Newspaper, Rochester, NY
• The Hill Newspaper, Washington, D.C.
• Journal Newspapers, Alexander, VA
• Takoma Voice Newspaper, Takoma Park, MD
• 585 Magazine, Rochester, NY
• Rochester Magazine, Rochester, NY
• Costco Connections, Issaqua, WA
• U.S. Airways “Profile: Rochester”, Greensboro, NC
• Canandaigua Magazine, Rochester, NY
• Wild Outdoor World, Missoula, MT
• Mariners Weather Log, NOAA’s National Oceanic Data Center’s, Silver Spring, MD
• Potomac Life Magazine, Potomac, MD
• University of Maryland, College Park, MD – M.A. in English
• St. John Fisher College, Rochester, NY – B.S. in Liberal Arts (English and Religious Studies)
• B.S in English and Religious Studies
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$18|