Teaching methods are one-on-one, using written materials, reading materials, hands-on manipulatives for primary aged learners, technology usage for online learning online learning is incorporated
YouTube videos as applicable
My characteristics: attentive to the student's needs and workload, on-time arrival
Elementary Education/Library Science
B.S. degree in Elementary Education --- from College of St. Rose, Albany, NY
M.L.S. degree in Library Science --- from SUNY at Albany, Albany, NY
I have been teaching/tutoring over the course of the last twenty to twenty-five years
The cancellation policy relates to weather issues. If the winter weather involves snow or ice as predicted, the session will be cancelled. No payment will be expected if the cancellation is solely due to weather on either party.
If the cancellation occurs on the part of the tutored party, then payment in full will be required. If the tutor has to cancel for other than weather, there will be no payment for that missed session.
Years of success in library management and public/private education, with extensive knowledge of program development and management and emerging technologies. Natural leader with an innate capacity to develop high-performing staff in cross-functional environments. Proven ability to quickly learn and adapt.
HOLY ROSARY CHURCH – Edgewater, NJ 2000 to Present
DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION (PT)
Train and supervise volunteer Catechists for Grades 1 through 9 in Religious Education program
Trained Facilitator for “Protecting God’s Children” in the Archdiocese of Newark
Train parish employees and volunteers in “Protecting God’s Children” program
Attend Archdiocesan workshops, seminars and updated training sessions as required
EDGEWATER FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY – Edgewater, NJ 2006 to Present
Boasts a collection of more than 27,000 volumes, with a circulation of ~52,000 items per year.
Supervise 14-person staff responsible for serving and adapting/updating library offerings to meet the needs of growing community population of more than 15,000. Develop and execute multi-year strategic plans and administer ~$1M budget. Assess materials for inclusion in the library collection based on current trends, book reviews, and community requests. Develop, implement and continuously update policies and procedures. Provide staff development opportunities and ongoing mentoring. Liaison to local media outlets.
• Increased youth attendance 4% through the introduction of new media programs/options (e.g., video games, e-books).
• Initiated and worked closely with Board of Trustees and third-party contractors on (I) successful restoration of library’s exterior and (II) website redesign to include online program registration.
• Assisted Board of Trustees in applying for and obtaining Bergen County Historic Preservation grants (FY08, 09) for the library.
• Led library staff in migration from Sirsi to Polaris in the Bergen County Cooperative Library System (BCCLS) to optimize time and resource management, and to improve patron satisfaction.
• Represented library at 2010 ALA Mid-Winter Meeting and Advocacy Training Institute; 2016 PLA National Conference; BCCLS workshops and meetings; and NJLA conferences.
MOUNTAINSIDE PUBLIC LIBRARY – Mountainside, NJ 1998 to 2006
PUBLIC SERVICES LIBRARIAN
Managed adult and children’s services and paraprofessional staff for 58,000-volume library. Partnered with local educators (faculty, administrators, media specialists) on procuring resources and materials for school programs and projects.
• Developed strategies to quickly acquire new/requested adult and juvenile fiction, non-fiction, reference, and e-media.
• Served on NJLA Garden State Book Award Committee, and as Secretary for Garden State Children’s Book Award Committee.
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
REFERENCE LIBRARIAN (PT), COLLEGE OF ST. ELIZABETH – Morristown, NJ 1998 to 2000
EDUCATIONAL MEDIA SPECIALIST, WESTFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS – Westfield, NJ 1990 to 1998
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Master of Arts (MA), Pastoral Ministry – Caldwell University
Master of Library Science (MLS) – University at Albany, State University of New York (SUNY)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Education – College of St. Rose
Coursework toward: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Education – Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
NJ Professional Librarian Certificate, Public Librarian | NJ Educational Media Specialist | NJ Teaching Certifications
American Library Association (ALA) | Public Library Association (PLA) | New Jersey Library Association (NJLA)
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$125||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$250||$250|