My teaching method is based on trying to relate to the individual's needs. I bring upbeat energy to help make a child's struggles feel less intimidating. I prioritize a hands-on approach to solving issues and helping children find and refine their skills as opposed to doing it for them.
I am a graduate of the University of La Verne with a BA in English. I previously volunteered as an assistant tutor for The Learning Connection at Alcott Elementary in Pomona. There, I tutored groups from 1st to 6th grade, specializing in 3rd.
Outstanding English major graduate looking to make a difference in the lives of the future generation having served community hours tutoring in The Learning Connection Program.
MAY 2015 – AUG. 2015
ASSISTANT SENSEI, RED DRAGON KARATE
- Taught lower level students, all ages.
- Assist in upper level demonstrations with senior Sensei.
- Managed cleanliness of the establishment.
NOV. 2017 – DEC. 2017
ASSISTANT TUTOR, THE LEARNING CONNECTION
- General tutoring in math, science, and English for grades 1-6.
- Adapted teaching styles for individual needs and learning styles.
- Effectively communicated with students to better understand their weaknesses and needs.
- Organized and developed lesson plans for specific age groups.
BACHELOR OF ARTS, UNIVERSITY OF LA VERNE
English major, Dean's List 2016-2018, 3.84 Cumulative GPA, Outstanding Graduating Senior in the English Department and Outstanding Classroom Leadership Awards
• Microsoft Office
• Direction • Time Management
• Critical Analysis
Inducted member of the National Honors Society of Leadership and Success, volunteered on eBoard as Secretary and IT Coordinator 2017-2018
Black Belt in Red Dragon Karate
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|