I teacher students from Kinder to 8th Grade. I tailor instruction to students ability level and use evidence-based teaching methods. I am mindful of students learning styles and use best first instruction approach to meet students needs. I use the Madeline Hunter lesson plan designs to provide students with an academically sound education.
I have a dual degree in elementary education and special education. I also have a Structured English Immersion endorsement which enables me to teach English Language Learners. I have seven and a half years experience in teaching both special needs and general education students.
Price varies for students with disabilities.
Learning disability - $30.00 + $5.00 for transportation
Austism - $35.00 +5.00 for transportation
Mild Intellectual Disability - $35.00 + 5.00 transportation
PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY: To use my training and experience as a teacher over the past six (7.5) years to prepare learners with academic and social skills that will allow them to become productive, successful members of society.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer.
• Instruct 3rd Grade classroom in general education classroom content
• Instruct First Grade (SEI) classroom in content areas using ELD strategies
• Instruct one-on-one, small group and whole group in general education classrooms
• Implement 1st – 8th Grade curriculum in Language Arts, Writing and Math, Science and Social Studies AZ State Standards.
• Implement duties and responsibilities of general education classrooms
• Implement duties and responsibilities of special education classrooms
• Instruct one-on-one, small group in Special Education Resource classrooms
• Instruct 1st-8th Grade students with special needs in Reading, Writing and Math based on both inclusion and resource classroom models
• Complete Individualized Education Plans on ieppro and Synergy SE
• Complete sections of Multi-Disciplinary Evaluation Team(MET) Report as required by Psychologist
• Assess students with special needs utilizing Woodcock Johnson III and IV.
• Carry out general education classroom observations of students with special needs
• B.A in Elementary and Special Education Grand Canyon University - Phoenix, AZ
2010-08 - 2012-12 GPA 4.0
• Associate of Arts in Elementary Education Mesa Community College - Mesa, AZ
2007-08 - 2009-05 GPA 3.5
• Certificate in Supervisory Management, Florida Atlantic University - Miami, FL - 2002
• Certificate in Business Administration, University of the West Indies - 2001
• Met District’s NWEA conditional growth benchmark for SEI classroom
• Significant improvement in students' performance in Reading, Writing and Math
• 80% of students annual goals met
• Commendable exit rate from special education services
• Completion of paperwork in a timely manner
• Consistency with lesson delivery, student recognition and communication with parents
• Maintenance of open line of communication with all teachers
• Maintenance of well-organized classroom environment
• Attainment of Effective and Highly Effective teacher status on Teacher Performance Assessments
• Customer Service Award, National Bank of Dominica - excellence in customer service delivery and attracting new customers
• Long Service Award, National Bank of Dominica - twenty (20) years
• Assists Legends Chess with monthly tournaments
• Assists Esperanza Chess Scholars with Chess Club tournaments at Isaac School District
• Assisted with Library functions at the Bethesda Methodist Church, Roseau, Dominica
• synergy and Synergy SE
• Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Google applications
• Document camera operations
• Written Correspondence
• Teaching Certificate 2015-11/2021-10
• Ability to maintain the attention of any audience
• Talent for preparing concise, accurate and interesting learning material
• Effective delivery of lessons
• Genuine interest in supporting and assisting students in learning new material using well developed lesson plans
• Effective supervisory skills
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Ability to make learning fun
• Monitoring/assessing self-performance, performance of other individuals and/or organizations in order to make improvements or take corrective action
• Co-operative and personable with a keen sense of responsibility
• Capable of following directions and instructions to create synergy within the workplace
• Respectful of authority
• Hard-working and committed to achieving excellence
• Highly flexible in efforts to meet desired goals
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking Test prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$115||$125|