I give lessons in mathematics, physics, and computer science/programming from high school up to undergraduate level topics.
I work with students to understand what their current comprehension level is for the given topic, and where it needs to be to pass their courses and exams with flying colors.
I come up with lesson plans, example problems, and reference materials that will help students gain a broader understanding of the topic without need for rote memorization of minutiae, with a focus on the fundamentals and specific details that students need to be very familiar with to succeed, not only in their current courses, but in future course that build on current concepts.
I am an engineer with professional experience in communications engineering, machine learning, and data analysis. I graduated from UCLA with degrees in electrical engineering and applied mathematics (with specialties in communications and applied numerical algorithms). I have been programming for over a decade, and have been using Python, C, and C++ on a daily basis to solve a wide array of real-world engineering problems for the last 4 years.
Digital Signal Processing Engineer, The Aerospace Corporation
El Segundo, California – 08/2018-05/2020
- Designed algorithms & programmed in Python, C, & C++ for aerospace communications applications
- Digital signal processing in software-defined radio (SDR) using GNURadio toolkit
- GNSS signal tracking, jamming, & anti-jamming
- Interfacing between computers & encrypted communication devices
- PNT using a multi-sensor array (GPS, accelerometer, RF, etc.)
- Designed & trained custom machine learning models for various image & signal processing
applications, including classification, regression, & adversarial machine learning problems
- Computer vision (object detection, semantic segmentation, pose estimation, etc.)
- RF signal modification (modulation, jamming, anti-jamming, etc.)
- Participated in the following machine learning challenges:
- Army Modulation Classification Challenge (awarded 1st place)
- Google’s Unrestricted Adversarial Examples Challenge
- European Space Agency’s (ESA) Satellite Pose Estimation Challenge (presented The Aerospace
Corporation’s 5th place entry at ESA’s Kelvins Day Conference, Noordwijk, The Netherlands)
3D Printing Research Project, NanoCAD Lab, UCLA
Los Angeles, California – 06/2016-12/2016
- Led research project to improve efficiency of print algorithms of Formlabs Form 1+ 3D Printer
- Edited Formlabs backend print software (in Python) to test viability & efficiency of various print
techniques, & improve upon default methods used
Programmer, Corn Digital
Chino, California – 07/2014-09/2014
- Integrated Twitter & Instagram feeds of client businesses into digital menu boards & directories
- Formatted feeds into real-time, rotating queue, enabling clients to display promotions
& customers’ social media posts about their products
Video Game Programmer, Intern, Flying Tiger Entertainment
Fullerton, California – 06/2013-08/2013
- Designed & programmed mobile video game in Unity 3D game engine
- Programmed 2D animation, physics interaction, & GUI scripts for 3D game environment
- Eliminated memory leaks, debugged, & optimized a large interconnected program
Languages & Technologies
- Extensive experience with Python
- Standard & mathematics libraries: SciPy, NumPy
- Machine learning libraries: Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit-Learn
- Image processing libraries: OpenCV, Scikit-Image, PIL
- Proficient with C & C++
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, 2018
Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathematics (Emphasis in Applied Numerical Algorithms), 2018
Cumulative GPA: 3.555
C lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer programming lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, C++ lessons for all!
Taking python lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|