I like to tailor each lesson to the needs and desires of each individual student. Everyone learns in different ways and through different processes, so I like to try and teach by empowering students to seek answers and think outside the box. Learning should be an adventure where the student and the teacher discover new things together.
I am a graduate student who has spent the last several years teaching elementary and secondary age children in a multitude of subjects. I specialize in English, literature, and creative writing. I am a songwriter and poet who has always had an affinity for literature and teaching.
cancellations in less than 24 hours are non-refundable, unless agreed upon separately.
Boise School District, Boise, ID 2018- present
• I have been working to teach part time in classrooms all over the Boise School District for all ages. I mostly work with students in music, reading, history and geography. I also assist with some basic math tutoring and mentoring.
Private Stage and Music Coach
Nashville, TN and Boise, ID 2007- present
• I work with young artists who want to improve vocal control and overall stage presence. I work with local songwriters on writing techniques and strategies to improve their marketability. I assist on pronunciation and reading for acting and radio announcing. I also, assist with comfortability while on stage for performance of any kind.
Student Worker/Teacher’s Aid
Trevecca Nazarene University, Religion Department; Nashville, TN Aug 2014- May 2015
• I assisted Dr. Michael Jackson with his Biblical Faith Freshman Religion classes, maintaining the grades for each student and aiding in the development of the Religious History Group Projects. I also was able to mentor some of the students with their individual interests within the coursework, focused on essay writing and proper grammar.
Student Research Assistant
Trevecca Nazarene University, History Department; Nashville, TN Dec 2014- June 2015
• I assisted Dr. Erica Hayden with her private historical research, reviewing several microfilms of prison records seeking the female prisoners and developing charts and records for each prisoner and the details of their arrests. I assisted in detailing the records found and preparing the information for her later publish book on the topic.
Master of Science in History, 2015- present
University of Edinburgh; Edinburgh, Scotland
Bachelor Degree of History, Minor Study in Legal Studies 2012-2014
Trevecca Nazarene University; Nashville, TN
Awards and Recognition:
"His Mars or Her Venus: Exploring Gender roles through the films of the 1950s-1960s" May 2014
Student Research Symposium, Trevecca Nazarene University, Nashville, TN
• I examined the use of gender personality traits and traditional gender roles demonstrated by the characters in the popular films released in the United States from the 1950’s to the 1960s.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|