The lessons you will have with me are directed at what YOU want to learn and what YOU are interested in. This way, learning is more fun and retention is much higher. Successful, happy students are my goal!
Hi! I am a licensed teacher with a patient, energetic and fun-loving style. Not only do my lessons focus on what needs to be learned, but on how to learn quickly and enjoyably. Learning English should be fun.
Colin K. Brewer
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
University of Maine at Presque Isle, Presque Isle, ME, U.S.A. 2003
Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education, GPA: 3.71
(New Brunswick Teacher’s Certificate 5)
Saint Thomas University, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada 1994
Bachelor of Arts: Major Sociology, Minor Anthropology and English
Stage Lingistique et Pedagogique de L’Acadie 2004
Chinese Language Training at Shenzhen University 2013 to 2014
IELTS Certification 2015
ONLINE ESL LEARNING COORDINATOR December 2018 to present
• Leading dynamic online one - on - one and small group ESL lessons
• Developing engaging fast-paced ESL materials
• Continuously developing and searching out effective online materials and methodology
JUNIOR MIDDLE SCHOOL September 2017 to August 2018
• Created and taught unique lessons in Language Arts, Math and Science in a rural, off-grid private school
• Facilitated and participated in various eco-friendly/back to land workshops
• Experienced self-sufficient, sustainable living and all its challenges and benefits for 10 months
PRIVATE ENGLISH TUTOR AND CONSULTANT August 2013 to August 2017
PRIVATE CHINESE HIGH SCHOOL - PRC August 2004 to July 2013
• Grades 10, 11 and 12 ESL/EFL Language Arts and Social Studies (including Grade 12 Guidance)
• Collaborated with cooperating teachers to organize integrated thematic units
ELEMENTARY TEACHER, NB, Canada: All levels, all subjects 2002 to 2004
• Supplied in almost all grade levels and subjects including both Core and Immersion French
ELEMENTARY TUTOR Summers of 2002 and 2003
• Co-coordinated, organized and scheduled District 14-funded summer tutoring program.
• Planned and provided effective one-on-one tutoring for challenged/low-achieving students aged 6 to11.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking Test prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$23|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$114|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$229|