If a student's objective is passing a class or grade I make sure to familiarize myself with their requirements to help them reach their goals. I base my lessons on the group's or individual's greatest needs. I assess the student's needs in writing, reading, and verbal. I adjust my teaching methods depending on my student's comprehension needs.
I have given lessons in ESL for 3 years formally. I have taught over 100 students ranging from 1st grade to adults. I have taught in formal and informal settings such as camps and around communities. Having been an ESL student myself I have a unique perspective while teaching.
Peace Corps Volunteer, Peace Corps Georgia
• Completed 3 months of intensive pre-service training in the Georgian language and culture along with English Education training
• Taught 100 students from grades 1 to 12 English language in coordination with 2 Georgian counterparts.
• Facilitated an after-school club for 25 second-grade through fourth-grade students primarily led by two 9th grade students
• Co-wrote a grant of $4,500 for a national youth environmental camp
• Served as a logistics coordinator for a national youth environmental camp held in the summer hosting 26 campers aged 14-17 from every region of the country.
Intern, El Paso International Museum of Art
• Reorganized paper inventory files
• Created new digital inventory system and transferred existing files over
• Assisted with museum events
Paralegal Assistant, Maria Elena Paralegal & Notary Services
• Filed Income Tax Forms
• Assisted in accounting for 3 businesses
• Translated important documents (Birth Certificates, Affidavits, etc.)
Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology, Museum Studies Minor
The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP)
• Member of Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society.
• Worked on several museum studies minor projects including creating an exhibit at the local history museum
• Member of the Anthropology Association, 2013-2017
• Bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish (writing, reading, speaking)
• Extensive use of MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel
• Work well under pressure
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, listening comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking accent reduction - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$10|