I focus on the learner and the subject and component of such that the student needs assistance with. The learner's style (auditory, visual, kinesthetic or a combination) is key for the instructor to deliver the needed education. Patience, listening, and kindness are key. Learning is a gift, being able to learn is skillful, but to be willing to learn is someone's choice.
30 years in graphic design
30 years experience as an author
18 years of teaching experience at the primary, secondary, and post-secondary level
18 years web design experience
12 years of learning management system development and management
12 years supporting learning management systems and online courseware
11 years developing online curriculum
GLOBAL LEARNING AND COMPLIANCE LEADER
Accomplished Global Learning and Compliance leader with over 10 years of experience in aligning learning and development needs with business objectives. A unique background that blends teaching, learning management system administration, and management of support teams to better empower the workforce to deliver the ultimate customer experience. Core competencies include:
● E-Learning ● Learning Management Systems
● Web Development (HTML5, CSS) ● Teaching (elementary through college)
● Programming (HTML5 , SQL, C) ● Instructional Design
● SaaS (ZenDesk, Salesforce, ServiceNow) ● Team Leadership
● Project Management ● SharePoint Administration
● Technical Writing ● Business Analysis
SAI Global Learning Compliance, Waltham, MA 2012 – 2018
Director of Technical Services, Support and Learning 2017 – 2018
Report to Senior Vice President of Client Services for Compliance eLearning in the Risk Management division and manage a team of eight application and solution engineers servicing over 1,000 clients worldwide on multiple popularly known and custom LMSs including Moodle.
• Collaborate with compliance and training executives globally regarding application technical support, escalation management, and LMS implementation services.
• Liaise with internally facing departments such as Product Development and Client Services to work towards business goals such as reduction of incoming support requests and improving client relationships.
• Maintain and upgrade support help desk technological solutions for client learner end users, SAI support engineers, and SAI client services.
Manager of Application Support 2012 – 2017
Served learning and technology support needs of hundreds of well-respected corporate compliance training clients hosted by SAI Global.
• Create and manage a customer service department with eight application engineers in two continents.
• Support and troubleshoot e-learning compliance courses and learning management systems (LMS) (including Moodle and other popular products) of over 1,000 clients with millions of learners worldwide.
• Act as the technical and learning consultant agent for clients to develop strategies and implement solutions.
• Manage a worldwide team of engineers (including three vendor engineers) virtually that accept, triage, and resolve incidents reported by clients for the complete suite of SAI Global learning solutions situated on multiple LMSs including custom-created and off-the-shelf solutions.
• Mentor and develop support engineer team on technical skills, incident triage competencies, client relations, and use of helpdesk business tools.
• Contribute to the growth of the Support Knowledge Base for clients as well as agents by working with product development department.
• Innovate helpdesk technologies (such as ZenDesk, Salesforce, and ServiceNow) and learning solutions for clients and support agents.
Hilton Worldwide, Memphis, TN 2011 – 2012
Manager OnQ Learning Management System Management
Serve as Project Manager and Product Owner of the worldwide Hilton Learning Management System on a custom-built LMS (that incorporates E-Learning courses and SkillSoft) serving over 100k learner in over 80 countries.
• Oversee all aspects of development and delivery of learning and technology projects to support CLO and HR business objectives for learning management.
• Communicate directly with senior level business users, strategic partners, support teams, and development vendor to identify and provide innovative solutions in response to business strategy and goals, ensuring projects are delivered to the highest quality standards.
• Work with team members, project management partners, and a development vendor to provide system maintenance and the architecture of enhancements in support of learning.
• Partner closely with members of the training community and developers to establish priorities, gather requirements, create detailed designs, and schedule projects.
• Manage the planning, administration, and maintenance of all activities for learning management projects.
• Contribute to the management of SharePoint Team Site development, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Develop and create training as Scorm packages using Articulate and Captivate as requested by learning stakeholders. Serve as the product owner of Hilton Worldwide University serving over 100K learners in over 80 countries.
ECPI University, Virginia Beach, VA 2007 – 2011
Moodle LMS Administrator 2010 – 2011
Work as Moodle LMS and SharePoint Administrator for the Medical Careers Institute, the School of Health Science at ECPI College of Technology (MCI) at two sites for 14 campuses.
• Maintain security of site permissions by granting and rejecting access requests.
• Modify Moodle and SharePoint application as needed or deemed by the health science dean, college vice president, or college enterprise IT administrator for all campuses.
• Champion the development of online health science curriculum of numerous programs for Moodle by working with health science subject matter experts.
• Place course content into appropriate formats for a new LMS on Moodle.
• Train, direct, and assist health science LMS coordinators at 14 health science campuses to prepare each campus Moodle LMS prior to and during every student term.
• Constantly monitor security and permissions of college Moodle LMS and SharePoint sites.
• Work with health science stakeholders and SMEs to plan and author Android and iPod applications for health science students.
• Work with subject matter experts and school of health science administration on creating podcasts and video for health science mobile and Web-based applications.
Faculty Training LMS Website Administrator 2008 – 2010
Support college Assistant Dean of Training with planning, development, and maintenance of the faculty training Website ((concealed information) using the Moodle LMS.
• Serve as faculty training Moodle Website administrator for all campuses, liaising with learning stakeholders and content directors while proposing learning strategies.
• Create, develop, and taught continuing education courses with Assistant Dean of Training for administration and college faculty.
Information Technology Faculty at Skyline College, Roanoke, VA 2007 – 2010
Teach IT concepts courses including Web Design, Networking, Multimedia, Graphic Design, Operating Systems, SQL/ MySQL, Programming I and II (includes Object-Oriented Programming), Project Management, Systems Analysis and Design, DOS, Introduction to Computer Concepts, and Microsoft Office to Associate and Bachelor's degree students.
• Create and teach content in-seat and hybrid using the Angel and Moodle LMS.
• Partner with subject matter experts to develop an LMS for health science faculty to supplement in-seat learning exclusively on the Moodle LMS. The objective is to create a series of training modules to be hosted on an Internet LMS portal for faculty to deliver curricula content for schools of health science at 14 campuses
• Received ECPI/MCI Curriculum Developer of the Year Award in 2008.
• Named Moodle LMS and SharePoint Administrator for Medical Careers Institute, the School of Health Science at ECPI College of Technology.
Virginia Western Community College, Roanoke, VA 2006 – 2010
Adjunct Information Technology Instructor
Teach Introduction to Computer Concepts, SQL Server, Project Management, and Web Design to undergraduate students.
• Teach seminars in Computer Concepts, Computer Applications, Desktop Publishing, Adobe Photoshop and Project Management.
• Authored a book: Guide to Microsoft Publisher 2007.
• Teach in-seat and online courses using the Blackboard LMS.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Technology Blogger, Fyxes.com (June 2018 to Present)
Owner, Star City Web Design, Roanoke, VA (2007 – 2010)
Elementary Teacher/Music Director/Interim Principal, Vinton Christian Academy, Vinton, VA (2003 – 2006)
Master of Science – Information Systems, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ (2007)
Bachelor of Science – Computer Information Systems, Saint Leo University, Tampa, FL (2003)
App Beta Tester: Artstudio Pro, Colorscape, Envision, GIF X, MAYU Animated Text Effects, Pocket Legends Adventures, Rad Trails, Sharin, Shifty, Swatches: Live Color Picker, TaskNotes, The Talks
Distance Educator Advisory Board Member, ECPI University
Webmaster, The Grand Strand Mended Hearts, Inc., Chapter 117
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|