My methodology is personalized, meaning I differentiate each lesson to meet the needs of the student(s) and what they would like to learn at any given moment in their learning journey. I use many modes (written activities, technology, spoken activities, etc) to help my students understand concepts better and also enjoy the learning process.
I am a student of life who has been working in various tutoring roles for about 3 years. I recieved a degree in Spanish with a focus on literature and it was while studying my undergrad that I found my passion for education. After recieving my degree I also recieved my TESOL certification.
If you need to cancel a lesson, please give at least 12 hours notice; without notice, you will still be required to pay for the session.
Lawrence University Appleton, Wisconsin
Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
• GPA: 3.6
DePaul University Chicago, Illinois
Bachelor of Arts in Spanish March 2017
• GPA: 3.8
Study Abroad, Universidad de Salamanca Salamanca, Spain
06/2016 – 08/2016
• Participated in the Course on Language and Culture to gain language fluency
• Developed cross cultural communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills
Oxford House Barcelona, Spain
Trinity TESOL Certification July 2017
Great Oaks Legacy Charter Schools Newark, New Jersey
Tutor/Assistant to the school director 08/2018 – Present
• Provide small group academic support in math and ELA to fifth grade students throughout the school day
• Lead after school yoga to show students the benefits of mindfulness and yoga for the body and brain
• Assist the school director in daily tracking such as uniform and homework completion as well as implement culture building activities amongst not only students but also staff
• Mentor students
Cost Plus World Market Oak Brook, Illinois
Sales Associate 10/2017 – 07/2018
• Engage with guests about products and the company as a whole
• Work within the team to maintain a safe and clean environment in store
DePaul University Chicago, Illinois
Student Tutor 09/2015 – 03/2017
• Aid university students at various levels in Spanish using personalized lessons to develop language skills such as grammar, spelling, pronunciation, and communication.
• Make connections with students through the Spanish language.
Valley New School Appleton, Wisconsin
Student Tutor 01/2014 – 06/2014
• Planned and taught lessons for middle and high school students learning Spanish based on each curriculum.
• Connect with students via the Spanish language.
ACHIEVEMENTS, INTERESTS & SKILLS ______________________
• Lawrence University Dean’s List, 2013-2014
• Dean’s Award for Scholastic Excellence, DePaul University, 2014-2015, 2015-2016
• Member of Sigma Delta Pi, National Collegiate Hispanic Honors Society
• Graduated magna cum laude
• GOLCS DMS Tutor of the month (January 2019)
Interests: Traveling, learning about other cultures, promoting an international education for all, mindfulness, implementing mindfulness and self care into the academic setting in order to equip scholars
Language Proficiency: English (Native), Spanish (C1), French (A1)
Skills: Basic Microsoft Office, communication, effectively taking on the multi-faceted roles of an educator, listening and leadership.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|