I take a warm and collaborative approach to support students to grasp content and achieve mastery! I can help you identify areas of growth and will work with you to practice strategies to improve your skills. I work hard to make lessons and content engaging for you.
I am a graduate student studying counseling psychology, formerly an elementary school teacher specializing in literacy and reading skills. I taught elementary school for 6 years, majored in English, taught graduate classes in Education, and tutored students in grades 1-7.
I can travel to students in the San Francisco area.
KIPP BAY AREA SCHOOLS, REGIONAL SUPPORT OFFICE OAKLAND, CA ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, TEACHER RESIDENCY JULY 2018-PRESENT
· Directs KIPP’s one year Teacher Training Program, in conjunction with Alder Graduate School of Education. Program supports new teachers to earn their Master’s, CA Teaching credential, and be prepared to teach full-time at one of KIPP’s schools in the Bay Area.
· Teacher training: Manages observation, coaching and feedback cycles for all elementary school Residents, supporting and training Mentor teachers in best practices in coaching for their Residents, planning and facilitating weekly seminars for Residents and monthly seminars for Mentors.
· Recruiting: responsible for recruitment of all Mentors and Residents. Spearheading multiple outreach relationships with community partners to increase diversity of new teachers, increased the percentage of teachers of color in the cohort from 60% to 85% last year.
· Collaborates across multiple regional departments to manage program development (academics), teacher enrollment and credentialing (HR), Resident and Mentor payments (accounting), and cross-district school participation (finance).
KIPP BAY AREA SCHOOLS EAST PALO ALTO, CA
PARENT EDUCATION COORDINATOR, TK LEAD TEACHER JULY 2017-JULY 2018
· Founding team member and Director of Parent Education Program in Title I school.
· Led research, planning and teaching workshops for parents while connecting families with community organizations and resources, managing relationships with outside educators, and overseeing referrals and ongoing support for families.
· Planned all family events and managed social media accounts for school community.
· As Lead Teacher, managed and coached a Teaching Fellow in first year. This Fellow was the first and only so far to be hired fulltime as a Lead Teacher for her second year.
· Chosen as a member of the Ravenswood Early Childhood Professional Learning Community, a group of community early childhood educators. Attended monthly collaborative meetings, cross-site visits, and seminars to increase alignment and collaboration and develop Early Learning teacher leadership and engagement in the Ravenswood/Belle Haven community.
KIPP AUSTIN PUBLIC SCHOOLS AUSTIN, TX
PARENT OUTREACH DIRECTOR AND FINE ARTS TEACHER FOR K-4 2016/2017
TEACHER, FIRST GRADE (GRADE-LEVEL CHAIR) 2015/2016
TEACHER, KINDERGARTEN 2014/2015
· Founder of bilingual outreach and support program for KIPP families. Researched, created content, and executed workshops for 600 families. Initiated and managed relationships with families, assessed needs and coached parents.
· Created original curriculum (for 5 grade levels), scaffolded and implemented instruction for classrooms of 30 students at a 50/50 bilingual school.
· Initiated, developed and spearheaded a new 50/50 dual immersion classroom model. Helped train staff and fully implement the new program for the entire school in the 2015-2016 academic year.
· As Grade-Level Chair, managed a team of seven other First Grade teachers, leading content specific and logistical meetings. Led teachers on development of classroom culture, academic outcomes and staff experience.
EDWARD BROOKE CHARTER SCHOOLS BOSTON, MA
KINDERGARTEN TEACHER 2013/2014
TEACHING ASSOCIATE 2012/2013
· Member of founding team for Brooke East Boston. Students at Brooke ranked #1 in the state of Massachusetts in 2013 for median students’ growth percentile in Math and ELA.
· Ran the afterschool homework program and successfully completed Brooke’s Associate Teacher program in first year, moving to Lead Teacher in second.
ART START NEW YORK, NY
EDUCATION PROGRAMMING ASSISTANT AND TEACHING ARTIST WINTER 2011
· Full time intern for Art Start, a non-profit organization that runs creative workshops for marginalized and previously incarcerated youth inside homeless shelters in NYC and the Bronx.
· Developed and led art and music workshops for at-risk children ages 5-13.
· Administrative responsibilities included fundraising, research and writing of grants, donor outreach, marketing in newsletters and website updates, and program assessment and evaluation.
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF INTEGRAL STUDIES SAN FRANCISCO, CA
MASTERS IN COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY (IN PROGRESS) 2020 - PRESENT
· Community Mental Health Program
DARTMOUTH COLLEGE HANOVER, NH
BACHELOR OF ARTS 2008-2012
· Major: English and Geography
· Minor: Education
· Captain of Division I Volleyball team, Second Team All-Ivy Selection, 3-time Ivy League Player of the Week, Ivy League Honor Roll (3 years) Coach’s Award.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking oral expression lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|