I used my directional time to tie in the project with art history or social situations so that the students would understand why we were doing the project and how the art impacted history and/or society. I also did the project along with them to show them my thought process and how each project is individual with each artist. Following the directional time, I outline the materials to use and then allow each student as much time as possible to work on the project. Based on the class, I determine how much time to designate for the final project. I base my classes on participation and growth in the learning of art and art history.
I have taught one year at the middle school level after retiring. I taught 160 students per day. It was very rewarding to see that there were many students who really embraced their art projects and found that one hour very relaxing and meditating.
Wichita, KS • (concealed information) (concealed information)
Objective: To acquire a position in teaching art at the middle or high school level
With over 35 years of experience in Graphic Design and Advertising as well as working with preteens and teens throughout my career I would like to share my experience and knowledge in a classroom setting with this age group. My professional experience includes setting timeframes with deadlines, estimating and budgeting for project completion.
• Parent Advisor for the North High 2004 Jr/Sr Prom - I worked with the Junior Class Prom Committee to organize, plan, design, and execute a successful and memorable event.
• Career Day Participant John Marshall Middle School 2001 - I presented the field of Graphic Design to math class students showing them the importance of math skills in Graphic Design.
• Art Director Pepsi Vending Photo North High Students 2006 - I involved 8 North High students as "talent" to produce a vending front photo for the Pepsi Detroit Market. The completed vending machines were located in high schools throughout Detroit.
• Sign Up for Scouting 2005 - I worked with girls and boys ages 5-18 to increase membership for both GSA and BSA.
• Wichita Festivals 2006 Wichita River Festival - I worked closely with the High School Volunteer Festival Committee. These student liaisons represented high schools across with Wichita Metro Area.
Currently Enrolled Transition to Teaching Program 2nd year, Wichita State University
Bachelor of Fine Arts-Graphic Design, Wichita State University
Pre-Architecture Coursework, Kansas State University
Certificate, Leadership Elite, Wichita State University Center for Management Development
Management Psychology Seminar, Wichita State University Center for Management Development
Maximizing Brain Power Seminar, Wichita State University Center for Management Development
• USD 259-Mead Middle School 2018-2019
Visual Arts Teacher
Instructed 7 class periods consisting of 6th, 7th and 8th grades + art enrichment
• Dollar Tree 2016-present
Assist customers with product selection and the checkout process
Stock store impulse area-this is a part time job for holiday breaks and summer
• Graphic Systems, Inc./Identity Group 2014-2016
Set up art files for Flatbed and Epson Printing
Developed artwork filing system for retrieving files for sales and manufacturing departments
Organized a job status tracking system for sales and manufacturing departments
• Freelance Work 2012-2014
Kansas International Dragway
RynoTek Media Services
XPress Signs & Designs
• Wichita Press Inc. 2010-2012
Art Director/Prepress Manager
Set up art files for print production
Updated and organized artwork filing system
Transitioned the department from film to direct to plate printing
• Envision 2008-2010
Desktop Publisher-Government Based Contracts
Hired to manage high volume of incoming orders and bring them up to current
• Shepler's, Inc. 2007-2008
Brought in by new owners to revamp and revitalize the in-store visual experience
Worked directly with Operations, Merchanding, Advertising and company store
Redesigned Point of Sale signage, Electronic Planograms and Visual Guideline Manuals
• KWCH 12/Sunflower Broadcasting 2006-2007
Managed the advertising accounts for several clients including KFC and TreeTop Nursery
Scheduled advertising for reach and frequency on an annual basis
Design commercial spots, with some being including in the station sales reel
• Wichita Festivals, Inc. 2005-2006
Vice President Sales & Marketing
- Managed marketing, advertising, promotions, public relations and sales activities
- Responsible for the Profit & Loss budget
- Secured in-kind media and financial support to supplement advertising and sales initiatives
- Designed advertisements where needed due to budget constraints
- Participated in the development of the WFI policies and procedures manual
- Wrote sponsorship contracts
• Girl Scouts of the Golden Plains Council 2005-2005
Director of Community Relations
- Managed communications for the Council to the members, volunteers and the community
- Developed job numbering tracking system for council printed materials
- Trained communications staff with current graphic design software
- Responsible for research, recommendation
• TracyLocke/i2i Creative Group 1998-2004
Director of Studio Services
- Managed 6 employees involved in advertising design, development and production:
Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC, Pepsi Bottling Group USA and Canada, Pepsi Americas,
Pepsi-Cola North America, the Wichita Wranglers and various pro bono clients
- Scheduled, estimated and billed all projects
• i2i Creative Group, Inc 1996-1998
- Co-managed Pizza Hut company stores, departments and franchise accounts
- Designed, production and scheduling of projects
- Oversaw business development
• Pizza Hut, Inc. 1984-1996
Creative Director/Account Executive for Local Store Marketing
- Internally promoted during tenure with the company from original internship thru WSU
- Developed and produced local store marketing printed materials
- Designed and produced convention and exhibit graphics and displays
- Managed personnel and budget, scheduled projects, and oversaw vendor relationships
- Coordinated new business development
acrylic paint lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest abstract painting lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, art school preparation lessons for all!
Taking graffiti lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|