My teaching method is an open and comfortable atmosphere. We will all learn together. I like group discussions and inquiry based learning. Differentiation is important to me, so I will tailor lessons based on what students are comfortable with. I want students to have fun while learning.
I am a teacher who is taking time away from the classroom to raise two babies. I have 5+ years experience in the classroom teaching Language Arts, English, and AP Lit/Language to grades 6-12. I have recently been tutoring students in my spare time in test prep, essay writing, and more.
• Middle to High School English education
2010-2012 University of Missouri-Kansas City Kansas City, MO
Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education, English and Language Arts
• Completion of English Praxis grades 5-12
• Certification date: 05/2012
2003-2006 University of Missouri-Kansas City Kansas City, MO
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
Minor in Criminal Justice/Criminology
• Degree emphasis in Media Studies, Journalism, and Interpersonal Communications
August 2014-May 2016 Smithville Middle School Smithville, MO
8th Grade Reading Teacher
• Implement differentiated instruction to reach a variety of learning styles
• Align instruction and assessments with district-wide goals
• Analyze and collect data to ensure student success
• Create relevant content for reading lessons to establish student engagement
• Communicate with parents, administrators, students, and staff for a successful community
• Manage classroom behavior
• Utilize and experiment with technology in the classroom
August 2012- May 2014 Raymore-Peculiar High School Peculiar, MO
AP Language/ELA Teacher
• Implement and teach district curriculum, aligned with CCSS for grade 11
• Apply differentiated instruction with rigor and relevance to ensure each student learns to full potential
• Collect data for continued student success
• Build a relationship with each student to create a positive learning environment
• Reflect upon summative/formative assessments
• Collaborate during PLC, professional development, and department meetings and utilize the 4 essential questions to provide student growth
• Manage classroom and promptly approach discipline, if needed
• Utilize technology within classroom
August 2011-May 2012 Ruskin High School Kansas City, MO
• Implementation/Teaching of district curriculum for grades 9-12
• Participation in PLC meetings, professional development, department meetings, and educational assessments
• Collection of data
Observation/Participation in Public Schools
• Completed over 300 hours of pre-teaching observation/volunteer work in public schools grades 9-12
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|