I like to ask the student 1) what his/her interests and goals are, and 2) where his/her strengths and weaknesses are. I can then gauge how I should approach the problem that the student wants to solve. I always want to teach at a pace with which the student feels comfortable.
After graduating valedictorian from Atlantic City High School, I went to the University of Pennsylvania, where I earned a degree in physics. I am currently finishing a master's program in biology at the University of Houston, and I'm moving to Philadelphia in a few weeks. My favorite things to do are reading and writing, and I publish articles regularly with a variety of outlets. I also keep up with a variety of the hard sciences, since I enjoy learning
Atlantic City High School- Atlantic City, NJ 2007-2011 Valedictorian
University of Pennsylvania- Philadelphia, PA 2011-2015 Bachelor of Arts: Physics, Concentration in Business and Technology
Relevant Coursework: Introductory Physics I & II, Calculus I-IV, Astrophysics I & II, Microeconomics, Analytical Mechanics, Wave Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Chinese I-IV University Houston- Houston, Texas Current Degree Expected: Master’s in Biology (Evolution)
Cumulative GPA: 3.8
UBS WEALTH MANAGEMENT WEEHAWKEN,NJ
BUSINESS ANALYST 2015-2017
• Executed against technology roadmaps for Executive Compensation Plan Administrative Services.
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON HOUSTON,TX
RESEARCHER/GRADUATE STUDENT CURRENT
• Research focusing on applicability of branching processes to asexual populations that are mathematically guaranteed to go extinct. Methods include Python code simulations, exploration of theory via Taylor expansions, special cases, and asymptotic limits.
• The preprint of our manuscript can be found here: (concealed information)
• Teach Introductory Biology Lab to undergraduate students, which includes both lecture and experimental components. Topics of study include evolution, acids & bases, the scientific method, ecology, genetics, and selection & genetic drift.
• (concealed information)
• Talk on “Muller’s Ratchet in Asexual Populations Doomed to Extinction” at University of Houston Evolutionary Supergroup meeting, 2018.
• Wrote and published a fantasy novel, Heart of Ice, in 2014.
• Write articles/interviews for several publications including Quillette, Merion West, Areo, and
Arc Digital. Articles focus on philosophy, science, culture, and economics.
• Published interview with Dr. Steve Stewart-Williams at Quillette.
• Published interview with Dr. Lewis Dartnell at Quillette.
• Published book review of Infinite Powers at Merion West.
• Published article entitled “The Mirror Test” at Merion West.
• Published book review of The Ape That Understood The Universe at Areo.
• Published article entitled “People, Memes, and the History of Evolution” at Areo. • Published article entitled “Five Lessons From the Trial of Socrates” at Areo.
• Published article entitled “Open Ideas” at The Libertarian Institute.
• Published article entitled “The Evolution of Knowledge” at Arc Digital.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|