I have over 20 years experience education. I have experience teaching those with and without learning differences organizational, study, research, time management, goal setting, planning and motivational skills incorporating technology. I have found it very useful to use technology in a way that helps students find a renewed interest in subjects.
I have created a formula that helps students write thorough and successful essays.
I have applied Master's Degree in Education to help students increase motivation and accelerate productivity. The breadth of my experience with students has fine-tuned my responsive nature to help them. Through interaction with my students, I quickly assess their perspectives and adjust the teaching style for the curriculum accordingly.
My passion for teaching is evident and, I believe, infectious. My primary goal is to help students find the enthusiasm, confidence, use tools and foster the skills that will assist them in their success.
I have been working as an Academic Coach, tutor and certified college counselor for full time for the past 10 years. I work with students as young as 10 years to 23 years olds. My students' grades, skills and confidence increase dramatically.
I have helped numerous students find the right major and school and have helped them write compelling application essays. My students have been accepted into UCLA, UCB, UCLA, UC Davis, USC, University of Michigan, UT Austin, Penn, Cornell, Northeastern, Tulane, Boston University, Belmont, The American University of Paris, University of Oregon, CU-Boulder, Oregon State, SDSU, Chapman, St. Edward's, St. Mary's, University of San Diego, and Cal Poly SLO among others.
College Counseling rates are $120/hr
With decades of extensive experience in education and training dealing with groups and one-on-one experiences with people of various ages, skills, cultures and experience, I am an analytical decision maker with excellent problem-solving skills and have been recognized for the ability to adapt, engage students/clients and increase their interest and productivity.
University of California Extension, San Diego, La Jolla, California
Certified College Counselor June 2012
Langevin Certified Performance Consultant November 2006
United States International University, San Diego, California
MA - Education -GPA: 3.94 - November 1998
California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) certified
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California
BA - Communication, Minor in Literature - June 1991
Francis W. Parker School
Self-Employed, San Diego, California 1992—present
Educational Therapist/Academic Coach/Certified College Counselor,
• Teach clients with and without learning differences organizational, study, research, time management, goal setting, planning and motivational skills incorporating technology and curricula
• Coordinate strategies with clients’ families, schools, doctors, tutors, etc.
• Teach writing, literature, history, languages, social and math and science coursework
• Teach computer skills and applications
• Help students research and identify colleges that are a good fit for them
• Advise students on how to write an effective college application essay
• Assist students with the timely filing of college applications
Francis Parker School, San Diego, California 1/99—6/2014
• Teach English, History, Languages, Math, Social Studies and Science coursework
• Assisted teachers with computer applications and incorporation of technology into curriculum
Foley & Lardner LLP San Diego, California 5/2005 – 2/2007
Technology Learning Coach
• Consulted on performance analyzing an entire business process and making recommendations on how to create improvements, along with providing customized training
• Trained all new hires in the division
• Taught classes or one-on-one on multiple proprietary and public software programs
• Prepared training documentation, handouts, outlines, instructions, and other materials as needed
• Troubleshot and corrected computer and software problems
• Trained via web conferencing/WebEx and LiveMeeting
• Identified training needs and created methods for proper instruction
• Contributed to firm-wide education committees
• Recognized nationally for results
Vortex Data Systems, San Diego, California 2000-5/2005
• Taught twenty courses to approximately one hundred military and civilian students per month for the Commander Naval Region Southwest (CNRSW)/Regional Information Technology Service Center (RITSC)
• Courses ranged from introductory through advanced levels of Microsoft 97, 98 and 2000 applications: Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, FrontPage, Project, Visio and Navy Marine Corps Internet Transition Preparation
• Developed and selected training materials, website content, promotional materials and reports
• Created and customized curricula
• Managed scheduling and oversaw the upgrades of the training facility
• Generated course schedules, assisted with registration procedures and maintained text inventory
Professional Training Company, Carlsbad, California 6/98-2000
Independent Contract Trainer –(finite contracts)
• Taught students Microsoft Office products and Microsoft FrontPage
• Created and delivered program course curriculum for Microsoft NT and Microsoft Outlook ’98 for two Naval bases (North Island and Naval Amphibious Base)
San Diego Community College District Continuation Education Center/North City Center 1/98-6/98
Adjunct Instructor – (part-time, spring semester position)
• Created program: Developed curricula, lesson, materials and selected texts for adult education computer courses in Windows 95, Internet Explorer, Netscape Communicator, and Microsoft Works
• Taught concentrated four or twelve-hour seminars for up to 120 students at a time
Futures in Education, Inc., Oceanside California 9/96-12/30/97
Military Academic Skills Program (MASP) – Lead Instructor
• Developed curricula, lessons, materials and selected texts for English and Math courses for U.S. Marine Corps
• Taught concentrated English and Math skills course to Marines on multiple bases concurrently using video-teleconferencing technology; contract extended to sites in California, Arizona, and Hawaii
• Directed instructional staff, administration, and distribution of texts to military bases/classroom sites
• Wrote monthly after action reports with results analysis matrix for Headquarters Marine Corps
• Co-wrote program handbook
Educational Directions Schools, Solana Beach, California 9/94-6/96
• Chaired English Department (grades 7-12); selected texts for English literature and composition
• Taught English, Computer Science/Word Processing, Time Management, Study Skills to students in grades 8-12 with/without learning differences and neurobiological imbalances
• Coordinated marketing strategies for school and summer school programs with the administration
• Member of WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) accreditation committees (chair of English and co-chair of Practical Arts)
• Personal/academic advisor to students teaching social and conflict management skills
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking english literature lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$80||$70|