- Hourly rate $25
- Response Time 24h
- at his home
- at your home
About the lesson
I am the best tutor/teacher you or your child will ever want to have!!
My academic credentials and philosophy speak for themselves. . .
I received my Ph.D. from Capella University specializing in Adult Education. My thesis explored the concept that each student is an individual and learns in a way that is unique to the student. I have a Bachelor's and a Master's degree in Mathematics; a Master's degree in Computer Technology in Education. I tutor students in Math (pre-Algebra, Algebra I and II, Geometry, and general Math, Pre-Calculus, Calculus), and test prep (GED, GRE, SHSAT, SAT, ISEE). For those students entering the military I tutor for the LSVAB test. I work with students who have learning disabilities.
I favor a "hands-on" approach to teaching that involves a lot of interaction between the tutor and student, and concrete experiences in addition to worksheets. However, my specific methods vary according to the subject being taught and the learning style of the student.
My tutoring style is engaging and fun. I take the time to get to know each student, both personally and academically. This allows me not only to focus on the appropriate subject matter, but to customize my teaching style to the individual needs of the student. Every student is an individual with a different learning style, so
it is my duty and my privilege to ensure that each student gets a uniquely customized experience.
It is important that you know how I interface with students…
The following is a comment from Terri regarding her son…
YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT ADDITION TO OUR LIVES – YOU HAVE A WAY OF TEACHING OUR SON THAT IS JUST NOT POSSIBLE FOR PARENTS TO DO.
Let me first talk about Monique. . .
Shortly after I started with Monique she wrote. . .
YEAH HE IS REALLY GOOD! HE CAN TELL WHAT MY WEAK POINTS ARE AND WE WORK FROM THE WEAK POINTS OUT TO THE STRONG POINTS SO I UNDERSTAND THE WORK A LOT MORE!
Now that she has completed her math course work for this term she wrote
THANK YOU FOR TUTORING ME! I GOT A REALLY GOOD GRADE IN MY MATH CLASS WHICH I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT HAVE GOT WITHOUT YOUR HELP. . .I GOT AN A. THAT IS THE BEST MATH GRADE I HAVE EVER GOTTEN.
The following is a note from Joanna. Her son is a student at Ramapo College
I AM PLEASED TO RECOMMEND ELI WEISSMAN TO PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS THAT NEED A TOP NOTCH MATH TUTOR. ELI TUTORED MY SON THIS LAST SEMESTER WITH GREAT RESULTS. I ONLY WISH WE HAD FOUND HIM YEARS AGO!
MR. WEISSMAN IS RELIABLE AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. HE IS COMMITTED TO HELPING THE STUDENT AND INSTILLS CONFIDENCE IN THEM, WHICH IS SOMETIMES HALF THE BATTLE. ELI'S FEE IS QUITE REASONABLE AND HE IS WORTH MUCH MORE.
I AM GRATEFUL TO ELI FOR HELPING MY SON GET THROUGH A DIFFICULT COURSE.
IF ONLY HE TUTORED OTHER SUBJECTS.
The following is a note that I received from the mother a student who I was student who was preparing for the May SAT test
ELI WEISSMAN TUTORED MY SON LUKE ON MATH SAT PREP FOR SEVERAL WEEKS. LUKE HAD ALREADY SPENT A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF TIME WORKING WITH ANOTHER MATH TUTOR WHO HAD TO STOP TUTORING FOR ANOTHER JOB OPPORTUNITY.
I HAD TWO CONCERNS:
FIRST, THAT A NEW TUTOR WOULD BE ABLE HIT THE GROUND RUNNING SINCE THE SAT WAS IN JUST A FEW WEEKS.
SECOND, SINCE LUKE HAD ALREADY ESTABLISHED A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PREVIOUS TUTOR, THAT HE WOULD BOND WITH SOMEONE NEW AND ADAPT TO A DIFFERENT TEACHING STYLE.
BOTH CONCERNS WERE PUT TO REST AFTER THE FIRST SESSION. ELI CERTAINLY HIT THE GROUND RUNNING AND WAS ABLE TO QUICKLY IDENTIFY LUKE'S WEAK AREAS. IN ADDITION, LUKE TOOK TO ELI ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, WHICH CONTRIBUTED TO HIS ENGAGEMENT IN THE SESSIONS AND WILLINGNESS TO DO THE WORK.
ELI IS A SKILLED, EXPERIENCED AND KNOWLEDGEABLE MATH TUTOR WHO WORKS WELL WITH STUDENTS. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIS SERVICES.
Last but certainly not least is the note I received from Lori regarding my work in tutoring her son for the ACT exam
I WANTED TO GIVE YOU THE RESULTS FROM JORDAN'S ACT EXAM. HE SCORED A 24
WHICH IS 1 POINT LESS THAN THE HIGHEST MATH SCORE. HE SAID THE MATH SECTION WAS HARD AND RAN OUT OF TIME AND HAD TO GUESS AT THE END.
THANKS FOR ALL THE PREPARATION YOU HAVE GIVEN ME FOR MY TEST TOMORROW. I HAVE GAINED A LOT OF CONFIDENCE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS FROM OUR SESSIONS.
My academic credentials and philosophy speak for themselves. . .
I am comfortable in any setting, be it a library, Starbucks, or your own home. I am fully willing to make house calls. Please feel free to contact me through this website with any questions. I will respond to all emails within 2 hours of receiving them, as I get emails straight to my phone (responses will almost always be immediate, however if I am with a student you will have to wait until my session ends).
I HAVE AN SAT/ACT/ISEE/GRE EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY THAT CALLS FOR WORKING FROM WEAKNESS TOWARDS STRENGTH. I WILL ANALYZE YOUR CHILD'S
CURRENT SITUATION. I WILL DETERMINE HIS/HER WEAKNESSES AND STRENGTHS. I WILL CONCENTRATE ON IMPROVING THE WEAKNESSES TO MAKE THEM STRENGTHS ALONG WITH ENHANCING THE STRONG SUBJECTS. I DO REAL EDUCATION ALONG WITH PRACTICE TESTS.
PLEASE RECOGNIZE THAT STUDENTS HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM SCHOOL FOR
ALMOST 2 MONTHS. IT IS TIME TO REFRESH THOSE BRAIUN CELLS.
I am available to start immediately. I can tutor any morning, afternoon, evening or on the weekend.
I am certified by the State of NJ to teach Mathematics. My rate is negotiable.
You may reach me at (concealed information) or via the posted email. I look forward to hearing from you!
Eli J. Weissman, Ph.D.
- Basic computer
- Computer programming
- Microsoft Excel
Advanced Technical Certificate
College / University
ELI J. WEISSMAN, PH.D.
16 Stafford Road ♦ Parsippany, NJ 07054
Ph: (concealed information) ♦ Cell: (concealed information) * Email: (concealed information)
TEACHER/SAT AND ACT MATH TUTOR/PROFESSOR /COMPUTER SCIENCE CHAIR
CORPORATE TRAINER / SYSTEMS ANALYST
“Specialist in Delivering Articulate, Compelling Instruction to Students and Teachers”
Resourceful and dedicated teaching/industry professional supported by strong combination of both corporate leadership and educational instruction experience including progressively responsible and successful 20-year career with IBM. Possess ability to identify key business and/or technical improvement issues before implementing new processes to improve productivity. Unique ability to communicate on business and technology issues, bridging the comprehension gap between pure business people and pure technologists. Frequently called on to manage challenging technology and business situations based on expert business analysis skills, proactive problem solving, strong technical acumen and capacity to consistently lead projects to successful implementation. Excellent activities-management abilities, strong communication skills, classroom administration experience and ability to team with diverse work groups in achieving organizational objectives. Work well in multi-task, self-management and team-based environments.
• Online Education - Skilled in online education tools such as Blackboard to provide maximum skill development for online education students
• Tutoring – Developing strategies to enhance the mathematical skill sets to increase classroom and SAT/ACT scores
• IT Knowledge – Skilled in database design, implementation and administration. Understand needs before conceptualizing and implementing productive solutions. Career-long learner and master of new technologies.
• Vision / New Idea Introduction – Progressive outlook and long term vision. Able to identify needs, envision programs, lead activities and be an agent for change.
• Execution – Skillful instructor with strong organization and coordination skills; track record of bringing programs from idea to action.
• People & Communication Skills – Empathetic and attuned to cultural differences; able to build relationships across age and cultural boundaries and work well with students, faculty, and co-workers. Possess unique ability for mentoring others, creating harmonious and productive work environments, and bringing out the creative thinking powers of teams by tapping into the diverse strengths of individual team members.
• Focus – Dedicated to developing stimulating business AND learning environments, improving productivity and coordinating activities that promote commitment to bottom line objectives.
PhD in Education “Attrition of Male Adult At-Risk Students Attending
For-Profit Post Secondary Schools”
MS, Computer Technology in Education
BS/MS, Mathematics(MS - Magna Cum Laude)
Career-long skills in communicating with all levels of associates including executives, faculty and students. Adept presenter, negotiator, and mediator with reputation for effecting win-win scenarios focused on building lasting partnerships and commonality of purpose. Exemplary integrity, reliability, and work ethic with strong commitment to professional excellence and unexcelled capacity to increase student retention, learning development and institute visibility.
Free Lance Mathematics and SAT/ACT Tutoring(Ongoing)
Develop strategies to improve scores and cognition of mathematics in preparation for normal classroom work and SAT/ACT math skills by working with students one-to-one to identify weaknesses. Develop a plan to take students from a position of weakness to strength
ELI J. WEISSMAN, PH.D., Page 2
DEVRY COLLEGE of NEW YORK – Long Island City, NY 1999 to 2013
PROFESSOR OF COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS / CHAIR, CIS DEPARTMENT
Overview: Appointed as Department chair and hired to develop, implement and teach Computer Information Systems at the university’s startup campus primarily serving at-risk adult students. Developed comprehensive courses and teaching strategies consistent with specific program requirements. Initially hired and oversee 15 full-time faculty members in evaluation, curriculum development, advisement and planning, textbook ordering and scheduling. Faculty Leader of CIS Club. Courses taught include: C, C++ and Visual Basic; Systems Analysis and Design; Project Management; Introduction to Database; Database II (PL/SQL); Oracle Database Administration; Introduction to Information Security; Microsoft Office Suite.
▪ Encourage optimum learning and student achievement by adapting teaching style to unique personalities and learning capabilities; encourage enhancement of what they do know through experiential learning.
▪ Successfully addressed needs of students with poor reading ability; reduced “wordiness” of textbooks through development of PowerPoint slides covering the information and customized to student’s educational level.
▪ Foster productive teaching environment; led presentations covering strategies to handle adult, at-risk students including use of constructivist principles and use of textbook substitution strategies for students unable to comprehend contents.
▪ Serve as Key member of Technology Committee charged with meeting ever-changing technology by ensuring selection of state-of-the art curriculum. Work at corporate level on strategies affecting CIS program throughout entire school system.
▪ Provide expertise and hands-on knowledge to textbook review and selection for Pearson in areas of Oracle Database Design and PL/SQL.
HUDSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE – Jersey City, NJ 1995 to 1999
PROFESSOR OF COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Overview: Hired to revitalize program comprised largely at-risk students as well as miniority women mandated by County Welfare Agencies to upgrade skills. Developed, implemented and taught Programming and Logic, BASIC, Systems Analysis and Design, Report Program Generator (RPG), Introduction to Database, Microsoft Office Suite. Employed Bloom’s Taxonomy and Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
▪ Instrumental in boosting enrollment by 200% primarily based on the innovation of program changes and introduction of up-to-date courses.
▪ Hired and provided leadership to top quality staff; hired faculty with exceptional experience and ability to utilize lab/lecture format to enable practical learning. Fostered environment of creativity vs. “singular” style of teaching.
▪ Addressed special needs of individually challenged, at-risk students by selecting textbooks providing information in-line with previous educational level of students and assessing individual student need/learning style.
▪ Adopted curriculum to better fit intended student population to allow intellectual and professional growth through self-actualization and awareness.
▪ Played key role to enable students to comfortably enter mainstream business community by creating internship course.
ADJUNCT TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Adjunct Undergraduate Faculty(2004 – Present)
Union County College, Cranford, NJ -- Remedial Mathematics
Passaic County Community College – Remedial Mathematics
Bergen Community College – Paramus, NJ – Remedial Mathematics
ELI J. WEISSMAN, PH.D., Page 3
Felician College – Rutherford, NJ – Remedial Mathematics
Berkeley College – Oakland Park, NJ – Remedial Mathematics
Adjunct Graduate and Undergraduate Faculty (1977 to 2000)
Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ -- Computer Science
Adjunct Faculty (1992 as needed)
Essex County College, Newark, NJ -- Computer Science
Adjunct Faculty (1978 to 1987)
Farleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck and Madison, NJ -- Computer Science
Online Mentoring Experience
Online mentoring of C, C++, Assembly Language, Operating Systems, Computer Concepts, Computer Applications, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
Thomas Edison State College – Trenton, NJ (2000 – Present)
IBM CORPORATION – White Plains, NY (1968 to 1992)
Ascended quickly through ranks of this organization with positions including Programmer, Systems Engineer, Systems Engineering Manager, Technical Support Rep for Project Management Software Offering, Data Center Manager, Executive Assistant and Senior Program Manager. Retired 1992.
Key Contributions / Activities
▪ Managed rollout of OS/2 to Dealer, Aggregator, OEM, Retail and Superstore Channel. Directed all marketing programs for K-12 and higher education marketplace. Cordinated channel laoding, product forecasting, promotions and pricing strategies.
▪ Led marketing opportunity identification, market release, after-market analysis and support implementation for new software/equipment within Remarketer Channel.
▪ Supported major manufacturing accounts in 20 locations, directly supervising IBM employees engaged in installation of large mainframe systems, guiding team through entire project cycle and ultimate implementation. Achieved sales quota and awarded membership in 100% club based on results.
PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTED PAPERS
“Women and Technology: Urban Community Colleges Provide the Answer” at International Conference of College Teaching and Learning…Jacksonville, FL. April 1998
“Use of GUI Paradigms in the Knowledge Transfer of Database Involving the Adult At-Risk Student “ at the Conference on College Teaching and Learning in Jacksonville, FL in April 2003.
ELI J. WEISSMAN, PH.D., Page 4
Ph.D. Computer Technology in Education. Capella University,. Degree 2010.
Thesis: Attrition of Male Adult At-Risk Students Attending For-Profit Post Secondary Schools”
Master of Science. Nova Southeastern University. Major: Computer Technology in Education,. Degree 2004
Master of Science(Magna Cum Laude), Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ Major: Mathematics,.
Bachelor of Science, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ Major: Mathematics,. Degree 1964
Impeccable References Upon Request
- 5h: $25
- 10h: $75