I believe that every student needs an unique instructional approach. So, I implement comprehensive lesson plans that accommodate specific level of learners while offering support to make certain each student is able to grasp materials, improving confidence and performance. I evaluate students learning styles and provide appropriate techniques for maximum understanding. Keeping students on-task with proactive behaviour modifacion and postivite reinforcement strategies.
Math is challenging but should be fun...
I am an Industrial Engineering Graduate from the University of Illinois at Chicago; May 2019 Honors College graduate. I have 4 years of experience as a Math Tutor with proven success at helping students understand new material, learn in a way most beneficial for them while maintaining an atmosphere conducive to learning. I have worked at a private tutoring center and at a university, thus I am capable of teaching K-12 and College level mathematic principals and concepts.
2 hour cancellation policy
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL (UIC)
-Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
-Honors College Graduate
-Chancellor’s Student Leadership and Service Awardee
-HACE`s University Leadership Network recipient
-Completion: May 2019
-GPA: 3.42 | 4.0
Language: Fluent in Spanish
*Math Tutor @ Mathnasium of Chicago at Lincoln Park and Ravenswood
January 2020- Present
• Personalized math support for students needing extra help. Topics tutored include First Foundations, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Precalculus, Calculus, and Statistics for students in middle school, high school, and college.
• Well versed in simplifying math concepts while coaching students to think critically to solve problems.
• Provided assessment regarding beginning knowledge and progress in order to increase chances of student success.
• Conducted specialized one-on-one and small group sessions for students that need customized instruction.
• Communicated with parents regarding the progress of the student after each session.
*Honors College Mathematics Tutoring @ University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
January 2018-May 2019
• Facilitated the comprehension of Calculus I,II,II, Differential Equations and Linear Algebra for UIC honor students with an 80% positive feedback rate.
• Developed and implemented comprehensive lesson plans that accommodated specific level of learners while offering support to make certain each student was able to grasp materials.
• Applied action plans based on student’s academic goals that improved an understanding of the topic curriculum and increased grade average.
• Managed to schedule 4-6 hours a week for student advising, teaching, consultation, and performance feedback.
*ENGR 100: Engineering Orientation Teaching Assistant
August 2017 – May 2019
• Aided with the overall execution of ENGR 100: Engineering Orientation class, focusing on the mentoring of freshman and transfer Industrial Engineering students.
• Responsible for helping students understand material and learn in a way most beneficial for them, maintaining atmosphere conducive to learning, and writing reports for each student after each session
• Collaborated with 4-5 other Teaching Assistants in supervising more than 700 student’s performance and recorded relevant data towards class completion.
• Remained as the Industrial Engineer student representative for 3 years straight with more than 50 students under my supervision.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|