When I am teaching a language, for example, Spanish, I will not speak in English unless it is really necessary. The first things I teach to my students in Spanish are: I can not understand, could you repeat again. If the student is struggling with a word I show a picture, as many people have a photographic memory. I start with the alphabet, numbers, and colors, then I proceed to teach how to introduce yourself, ways of saying hi, goodbye, things to say at a restaurant, a store, etc. Then I will teach how to say what time is it, later on, we will start with the most used verbs in Spanish.
On the other hand, I accept any kind of recommendations, if a student wants me to teach him/her in a certain way, I will do it, as I adapt easily to any kind of situation.
I am a medical student, from Ecuador, and my name is Paola. Currently, I have been teaching Spanish for a year to people from different parts of the world using HelloTalk platform and skype video call sessions, all my students have got really good grades in their subjects, also as I am a friendly person is really fun to learn with me, so you will not regret.
My rates will not vary if you are a beginner or advanced student, I will help you anyway. I just want to help people to learn my language but If you can not attend a class, let me know 3 hours before our video call session otherwise you will have to pay for the class is if it was given.
Competencies and goals
I am a passionate person and lover of medicine, who loves to learn new things every day. In general, I enjoy helping people with their goals, so that is why I like to teach the things I know so I can give a little of me to everyone, with the aim of all being able to have the same opportunities.
• Hard-working: I consider myself someone that always give my best, I put all my effort into
things that matter to me, not just in school but in every aspect of my life.
• Determined: Something that characterizes me is that I am a person who never leaves things
• Responsible: I like to focus on things that will help me to improve, and do them on time,
• Leadership: I am a person who always tries to influence people in a good way, making them
feeling capable to achieve what they want.
• Adventurous: I want to experience new things in my life by my own, this is why I want to
travel to different countries during my university period, in order to learn about new
· America’s University (UDLA)
· Career: Medicine
· Description: the career is 6 years long, including one year of internship, in which the student has to
do rotations in different departments of a hospital. After this, in order to be able to practice the
profession in Ecuador, a year of rural work must be carried out.
· Rudolf Steiner International School
· Bénédict International Language School
· Coaching specialized for personal and professional growth
· Swedish at Duolingo
CREATIVITY, ACTION AND SERVICE (CAS) | RUDOLF STEINER SCHOOL| 2015-2016
· During this year I painted and cleaned schools at Cochapamba, also I did Christmas and recreational
events for vulnerable kids. Besides this, I taught grammar to a group of kids between 6 and 8 years
MEDICAL BRIGADE | SHOULDER TO SHOULDER PROGRAM| 11/03/2019-15/03/2019
· During this brigade I travelled to Santo Domingo, and worked as a translator for foreign doctors. In
this week I learned about the importance of the doctor-patient relationship
LOCAL OFFICER OF THE PERMANENT COMMITTEE FOR PROFESSIONAL EXCHANGES
| AEMPPI-UDLA| 1/01/2021-31/12/2021
· During this year I will be helping medical exchange students, and provide to them a place to live, a
department in a hospital, and take care of their necessities. Part of my job is to create social
programs in which they can enjoy a global health that includes: culture, gastronomy, tourism and
THE HUNTINGTON’S SECRETS | AEMPPI UC| 21/06/2020
· During this short course I learned about Huntington’s chorea, a neurodegenerative disease,
BASIC BRAIN IMAGE | AEMPPI UDLA | 26/07/2020
· During this course I learned how to detect and differentiate different manifestations in the brain,
such as: subarachnoid hemorrhage.
INTERNATIONAL WEBINAR: NEUROLOGY | UAGRM-UMSS| 8/08/2020- 16/08/2020
· During this week I learned important manifestations, characteristics, anatomy and physiology of the
LATINAMERICAN COURSE: ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHY | SANTANDER’S
UNIVERSITY | 13/08/2020-23/08/2020
· During this course I learned how to analyze an EKG, and how different pathologies are presented.
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL WEEK I | SYNDROMEDIC AND OTHERS| 26/07/2020-
· During this week I learned about different medical manifestations such as: COVID-19
pathophysiology, Dengue, Zika, Chukungunya diseases, complications and management of patients
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL WEEK II | SYNDROMEDIC AND OTHERS | 21/08/2020-
· During this week I learned different topics such as: personality disorder, acid-base balance,
nephrotic and nephritic syndrome, polycystic ovary syndrome, cervical cancer, skin cancer, primary
and secondary skin lesions, rheumatoid arthritis, and systemic lupus erythematosus. Página 3
ENDOCRINOLOGY | IFMSA AND OTHERS | 10/12/2020-15/12/2020
· In this international course I was able to learn about endocrinopathies, their management and
- Spanish (first language)
- English (second language, speaks and writes completely unhindered)
- Good skills using Office 365 package, such as: word, excel, power point, etc.
I met Paola online,and even tough I didnt plan on learning Spanish,she still managed to teach me some phrases. She is super easy to talk to and incredible at teaching. I would recommend her to anyone who is interested in learning spanish and having fun in the same time.
Paola is a very down to earth person and she is really kind and good in what she does!
She deserves the best!
Paola is very smart and have many skills to teach, she is very patient and know many tools for the best learning for estudents
Paola is an excellent teacher, she is always aware of what the students need and ready to help you solve your doubts! Highly recommended.
I’ve known Paola for a long time, she is responsable, dedicated and trustworthy. You can be sure of it’s knowledge in the way she express herself. She is good at speaking and gives her 100% at all times.
Paola is an excellent teacher! She gives entertaining lessons and she is very patient. Thanks to Paola I was able to improve my Spanish oral communication rapidly. I can't recommend her enough.
She is an amazing communicator, has good energy and she is great with students
Paola Is a very helpful friend and has a very pedagogical way of explaining things. She's also an energetic person who goes full-hearted into the things that she engages herself with. I have received language help from Paola on another platform and I'm extremely satisfied! Neither does it hurt that she loves dogs :)
I have known her for 6 years now, and she is very kind and informative. She is patient and gives her best to teach students.
I’ve been having a language exchange for several months now together with Paula. She has taught me Spanish in a patient and kind way and I have improved a lot in my Spanish thanks to her. I always look forward our sessions. If I had to recommend you a Spanish teacher, she’s the one!
/ Hanna from Sweden
oral expression - spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$18|