I am not here to do your homework for you. I might give you hints, but I am here to help you better understand the assignments and materials you've been given. I consider myself to be incredibly laid-back-- there should be no stress during sessions! I have a very "right-brained" attitude and love to interact with my students on a peer-to-peer level (again, less stress=easier time learning) If a student is having a difficult time understanding a concept, I like to explore the different methods of learning (visuals/audio/movement/incredibly strange alliterations/etc) to see what works best for them!
Hi there! I'm Lauren- I'm just out of college with a Bachelor's degree in Theatre Performance and English (specializing in Creative Writing). I've been working with students of all ages (Pre-K all the way to Sophomores in High School) for over 5 years. I specialize in Literature and Creative Writing, and I have a genuine love and understanding of Shakespeare (which I know can seem incredibly difficult) as well as play and literature analysis.
If I work the full hour, it's $20. If half an hour, it's $10. (Increments of $10 every half hour, basically) I won't charge you for keeping me a few minutes if you're really not understanding a concept.
I'm also flexible, I understand we're in a pandemic so if you'd like to discuss a discount feel free to reach out! (That being said, I'm also in a pandemic and the sodium from all this ramen can't be good for me)
After-School Personal Tutor (9/2019- present)
• Help students understand key concepts in their curriculum by assisting with homework, providing proactive study habits, and creating alternative ways of learning
• Work one-on-one with students in Humanities, Sciences, and essay writing
Goldman Union Camp Institute
Theater Director (6/2019-8/2019)
• Plan engaging curriculum for 2-week long drama specialist class for each grade 3rd-10th, ending with a cumulative presentation the students work together to create
• Teach weekly drama specialist class for children ages 3-7
• Promote self-confidence in all ages through performing arts
Graduated Hofstra University (Bachelor of Fine Arts)
(*Alpha Psi Omega Honors Society, *Presidential Scholarship)
A Noise Within Theatre
Education and Development Intern (5/2018 to 8/2018)
• Assist administrative team with the “Summer with Shakespeare” program: run before/after care, facilitate lunch hour, administrative work, organize supplies and prepare classrooms
Graduated San Marino High School
(*National Honors Society) (*Award of Excellence in English)
Ambassador Girl Scout
reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking poetry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$23||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$33||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$45||$200|