I normally ask to review some of your most recent writing to get a feel for your progress so far. I also listen to your goals and problems, and together we design a practice routine that fits your big-picture objective.
I'm a gifted writer and teacher, great at making scary projects feel approachable. I studied English Literature and Creative Writing at the University of Georgia, graduated with honors, and have been tutoring for 5+ years. I also edit college essays!
If you're in the north Atlanta area and want to meet in person, please let me know! My rates will vary by commute time and cost of travel.
Writing Tutor, Math Sensei, Super Nerd
I catalyze student growth through a goal-directed, human-centered process. Combining personal understanding with subject expertise, I empower students to hone their strengths, overcome obstacles, and achieve their highest learning potential.
> Advanced Tutor, RevolutionPrep; remote, mar 2017 - jun 2019
• Motivated students to set and surpass ambitious goals for academic subjects and standardized tests
• Championed dozens of test-averse high schoolers to gain admission to their top-choice colleges
• Attained Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 94% via major score increases and strong relationship building
• Created & led teaching-to-write workshops that tutors found “monumentally helpful” in practice
> Personal Live-in Tutor, Private Family; NYC, 2016
• Wowed parents with quality and consistency of positive mentorship, connection, and creative play
• Boosted student mental and physical health via exercise, encouragement, and cognitive training
• Re-inspired child’s lost love of reading, evoking curiosity through thoughtful games and storytelling
• Neutralized family stress by smoothly managing scheduling, schoolwork, and extracurricular activities
> Multi-Subject Tutor, Self-Employed; NYC - 2014 - 2015
•Produced consistent academic gains with students in algebra, geometry, trigonometry, precalculus, grammar, composition, literature, reading comprehension, creative writing, and standardized tests
• Conducted custom lessons, adapted to students’ goals, and engaged their individual learning styles
• Received parent & student feedback that students gained skills, became confident, & achieved goals
> Training & Repair Specialist, Apple Store; NYC, 2011-2012
• Exceeded all productivity & service metrics at flagship location, the busiest Apple store in the world
• Maintained NPS above 90% by executing skillful repairs, conscientious service, and confident rapport
• Delivered stellar 1-to-1 training on a fast-changing product line — to students of all levels of aptitude
> University of Georgia; Athens, GA
• Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, with Honors, 2009
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$42||$42|
|5 hours||Not available||$179||$210|
|10 hours||Not available||$300||$420|