My teaching style relies on flexibility, empathy, and consistent encouragement. No two people learn in the same way. Therefore, each student deserves to be taught in a way that capitalizes on their unique strengths and explores means of improvement without authoritative dogmatism. This means creating an environment of open communication with an emphasis on mutual growth.
To achieve academic success, I believe in helping students find the joy in learning new things and creating new intellectual connections. My lessons will reflect this mindset, by incorporating creative and engaging activities which allow the student to see the material from multiple perspectives.
Above all, I approach teaching with a personal passion for learning and a desire to foster this same excitement in all of my students.
I am currently a nanny and graduate student pursuing a Master's in Marriage & Family Therapy at Pepperdine University. As a nanny, I help with schoolwork and provide supplemental academic lessons for improved academic proficiency. I also have extensive experience as a teacher assistant for undergraduate courses in English critical reading and literature, philosophy, and sociology. I received my B.A. in Political Science from Chapman University with a minor in Art History, graduating with honors and a 3.6 GPA.
Nanny, The Yaroslavsky Family, Los Angeles, CA
July 2020 — Present
• Provide full-time care for 3 children - an infant, toddler, and 5-year-old
• Cultivate cognitive development through daily lessons and schoolwork assistance
• Provide empathetic support for the family
Teacher Assistant , Golden West College, Huntington Beach, CA
October 2018 — Present
• Grade papers for undergraduate courses in English critical reading/literature
• Give comprehensive and personal feedback for student submission
• Provide general academic support for students
Teacher Assistant , Chapman University, Orange, CA
September 2019 — May 2020
• Grade papers for undergraduate courses in sociology and philosophy
• Evaluate essays based on theoretical understanding and rhetorical application
• Provide administrative and research assistance as needed
Nanny, The Willis Family, Playa Vista, CA
September 2019 — March 2020
• Provide full-time care for 2-year-old
• Assist in cognitive development through daily lessons
• Prepare meals, provide entertainment, complete light housework
Honors Faculty Assistant, Chapman University Honors Program, Orange, CA
February 2017 — May 2019
• Research and screen source materials for faculty curricula
• Grade student work and provide student support
• Perform administrative tasks as needed
Gallery Assistant, Lois Lambert Gallery, Santa Monica, CA
January 2019 — April 2019
• Manage website and social media platforms
• Interact with gallery visitors and inform about current exhibitions
• Help sell high-end products in gallery store
Editor, Sapere Aude Online Multimedia Journal, Orange, CA
October 2018 — May 2019
• Edit and evaluate submissions ranging from research essays and poetry, to music and visual art
• Work with editing staff to create each volume's theme
• Coordinate events and workshops for students to edit and improve their work for publication
District Intern, Congresswoman Linda Sa nchez, Norwalk, CA
October 2017 — December 2017
• Work in a dynamic environment assisting district operations
• Answer constituent calls, write letters and correspondences, media clips, and other
• Shadow staff at various community functions and meetings with civic leaders
Administrative Assistant, Chapman University Advancement, Orange, CA
May 2016 — February 2017
• Provide support to the Senior Director of Strategic Engagement and Development
• Work with Alumni Engagement to research prospects and formulate giving capacity
• Coordinate fundraising and community outreach events
M.F.T., Pepperdine University GSEP, Los Angeles, CA
September 2020 — Present
B.A. Political Science, Chapman University, Orange, CA
September 2015 — May 2019
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|