I teach grammar by the book, incorporating both CMS and APS styles, but we have fun learning the "why" of each rule from a practical and historical point of view. Students are encouraged to practice the grammar in creative or expository writing. My lessons are lively and interesting, but dedicated to perfecting the student's command of English grammar.
I am a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill with a degree in Communications. I began as a teacher of English grammar, creative writing and literature to grades 7 through 12, then went into television as a copywriter. After a varied career as a writer, I ended my salaried work as senior writer and editor for the Communications Department of a Fortune 300 company, acting also as a tutor to the other novice writers in the department. Five years ago, I left my corporate job to write full-time. I have published 3 books since and have two more in process. I also publish narrative histories in newspapers and magazines.
Lessons cancelled a minimum of 48 hours prior to the scheduled class will receive a full refund.
Lessons cancelled a minimum of 24 hours prior to the scheduled class will receive a refund of half the amount paid for the class.
Lessons cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled class will receive a 10% refund of the amount paid.
CYNTHIA A. WILLIAMS
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Rare expertise in English grammar gained from extensive education in the subject, from the study of other languages, including French, Spanish, Italian, Latin and Greek, and from experience as a teacher and tutor of English grammar and composition.
Exceptional skill as a business, creative and motivational writer. Demonstrated ability to attract and retain readers with a powerfully visual story-telling skill. Diversified publishing history includes creative non-fiction, fiction, journalism, and corporate communications.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
• Hidden History of Fort Myers, The History Press, 2017
• Me and the Sky, Random House, 2019
• Banyan, 2012
• Narratives of the Impossibly Romantic, Sometimes Comic, Often
Improbable History of Fort Myers, Florida
• Fort Myers News-Press – feature news stories and narrative histories for “Tropicalia,” and a bi-weekly column for “Cape Life”
• American History Magazine – feature history articles
• The Cape Coral Breeze – feature news stories and restaurant reviews
• YA novel, titled, The River, privately commissioned
• WGCU documentary film script – collaborator on Escampaba: The Kingdom of Carlos
• True Tours of Fort Myers, Inc. – print and online promotional copy, scripts for walking history tours
Senior Staff Writer and Editor - Family Dollar Stores, Inc., Charlotte, NC
• Editor – all internal and external company communications, including annual reports, newsletters, etc.
• Designer and content writer - company and department newsletters
• Writer – internal and external executive communications
• Grammar and writing tutor for corporate communications department
Sales/Marketing Assistant – Four Seasons Residence Club, Scottsdale, AZ
• Writer - employee newsletter, promotional copy for the company website, and sales collateral
Field Representative – Congressman Joe L. Evins, Smithville, TN
• Writer – communications to constituents, speeches
Continuity Director - WBBH TV - Fort Myers, FL
• Writer/director - advertising copy/television commercials
Teacher – Wilson Hall School, Sumter, SC
• English grammar
• Creative writing
• University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC - B.A. in Communications
• Florida State University – Spanish and history
• University of Valencia, Spain – Spanish
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|