My teaching approach is student centered. I take the time to ascertain both strengths and weaknesses, capitalizing on student interests. I do not get involved with Instagram, and am not particularly excited by iPhones, either. iPads are okay, and I am a good listener. It's all about the student, not me. Social media needs and desires are up to the student. I am for higher level thinking: application, analysis, and evaluation are crucial keys to success, in my view. I am a stickler for punctuality, wakefulness, and a positive attitude. It's all about progress, not perfection. Oh yeah, and let's have fun while we are at it, shall we? I have not forgotten what it's like to laugh. It's good medicine, and a steady dose is a good thing. Let's leave the dour and the negativity on the other side of the door.
I have been teaching English language arts since humans lived in caves. Well, okay, eighteen years. I have experience in all kinds of stuff; teaching English for eleven years overseas, GED, verbal SAT, essay writing, grammar, sky high vocabulary, and proofreading. I was also a homebound teacher. It has been a great honor to assist students of all ages, from kids to adults.
A standard lesson is $15.00 for one hour. Gas will cost $2.00 per lesson for a distance of ten miles or more. A webcam rate is $14.00 per hour for five hours.
Ten hours of lessons reserved in advance is $13.00 per hour.
I keep my resume on a thumb drive. What I will tell you here is that I have a bachelor's degree in English education and am currently working on a master's degree in education, with an endorsement as a reading specialist.
• Assisted personnel and management in drafting and editing memos and reports.
• Performed routine clerical tasks such as mailing, copying, faxing, filing, and scanning.
• Screened phone calls daily, taking messages and routing calls when necessary.
• Coordinated and performed a range of activities for relevant school personnel.
• Received 95% positive feedback from students for effectiveness and friendliness.
• Raised school grades one whole grade level for most students.
• Evaluated student progress and provided ongoing guidance for improvement for both students and their parents.
• Planned and delivered lessons to students in classes of twenty or more.
• Encouraged students to participate in class by taking a hands-on approach to teaching.
• Participated in regular staff meetings and occasional meetings with administrators.
• Worked with students learning English for the first time and provided tutoring.
• Prepared innovative classroom games to reinforce concepts covered in textbooks.
• Prepared periodic quizzes and practice tests according to districts’ standards of learning.
• Prepared weekly lesson plans in accordance with district guidelines.
• Ensured that students received an appropriate level of language support.
• Established effective communications with students and parents.
• Sought approval for deviations from district guidelines as necessary.
• Worked with administrators to develop and update learning programs.
• Worked with students of all ages to help them better understand and speak, read, and write the English language.
• Prepared individualized education plans aligning with students needs and interests.
• Developed syllabi, curricula, and selected instructional material.
• Tasked assignments to reinforce students’ comprehension of material.
• Evaluated students through verbal and written exams and identified areas needing improvement.
• Paired students to help them develop English conversational skills.
I have known Paul for more than thirteen years. He was a well-liked teacher in Yokohama, Japan. He has a good mind, a good spirit, and he loves teaching. He also knows the English language very well, and reads all the time.
I am an English language arts instructor with an eighteen year background in education. I have a bachelor's degree in English education and am...
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$17||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$24||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||$33||$150|