I surround my teaching method around student involvement and participation. I find that the most productive, enriching, and empowering learning occurs when students guide themselves to answers (with help from me, of course!). Therefore, I love to center my tutoring around using relevant examples, leading questions, and anything else that will enable students to truly deepen their own understanding of subject matter.
Hi there! I have always enjoyed teaching throughout high school and had jobs teaching piano and tennis, in addition to helping the children that I babysat with their academic pursuits. However, in college, I began to cultivate that love of educating through beginning, developing, and continuing the first tutoring/mentoring program for the Art History Department at Washington University in St. Louis. However, I am passionate about and have held myself to high academic standards in many other subjects, including English, Writing, and History, so I feel more than equipped to tutor in a variety of subjects outside of Art History.
Art History Academic Mentor
• Worked with the Art History Department’s Director of Undergraduate Studies to develop an art history mentorship program through Washington University’s academic support center.
• Hosted weekly review and help sessions for students in art history.
Gateway Editorial Board, Editor
• Editor for Gateway, a Washington University history journal that publishes history papers from students studying in universities across the Midwest.
Professional Musician, Private and Orchestral Jobs
• Played harp for a variety of events, including playing in professional orchestral performances, local benefits, and fundraisers.
• Taught both harp and piano.
• Honors: Winner of the 2015 Washington University Concerto Competition for Harp.
Alpha Phi Sorority, Active Member—Zeta Upsilon Chapter
• Served as sorority historian, informing new members about our chapter and its tradition in addition to documenting our years as a chapter.
• Served on executive board as Panhellenic Delegate, acting as an intermediary and facilitating communication between Alpha Phi and the governing body for the university’s sororities.
WUSTL Art on Campus Committee, Student Representative
• Sole student representative for board that determines art installations for the campus of Washington University in St. Louis.
Nannying, Childcare Provider
• Assisted several families with their children, ranging in age from newborns to 15 years old.
• Duties included cooking, taking children to and from school and activities, teaching children music, among others.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$23||$23|
|5 hours||Not available||$20||$115|
|10 hours||Not available||$20||$230|