In my teaching, I focus on working in a collaborative manner with my students to ensure that their unique voices shine through in their work. I believe that my job is to enhance my students' writing and teach them how to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
I am a writer and editor with a bachelor's degree in creative writing. I have helped many of my students work to create their best possible written product for classes, undergraduate and graduate school applications, professional correspondence, and pieces for publication.
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA Graduated April 2020
Bachelor of Arts, Major in Writing, Minors in French and Theatre Arts; GPA 3.718
Free Agency | New York, NY January 2021 – Present
Talent Enablement Writer
• Compose and personalize cover letters for clients to submit with job applications.
Docherty Talent and Model Agency | Pittsburgh, PA January 2020 – March 2020
• Assisted the agency through clerical work and creating image collections for social media
Pittsburgh Magazine | Pittsburgh, PA August 2019 - March 2020
• Pitched and wrote weekly articles for the Pittsburgh Magazine HOME section
• Proofread magazine prior to final publication
The Breman Museum | Atlanta, GA May 2019 - August 2019
• Researched topics for upcoming exhibitions
• Wrote and edited copy for PR use and exhibition texts and descriptions
Nursing Times | London, England January 2019 - April 2019
• Composed articles, reformatted and updated past articles for publication in new website format, and assisted with background research for articles prior to composition
American Charities | Remote June 2017 - August 2017
• Revamped website by updating content, and making grammatical corrections. Worked closely with founder to integrate his vision clearly and concisely
Published in the Nursing Times and Pittsburgh Magazine
Leadership and Awards:
UHC Research Fellowship | Pittsburgh, PA August 2019 – December 2019
University of Pittsburgh Dean’s List | Pittsburgh, PA August 2016 – April 2020
Nikki has provided editing services and grammar instruction to my husband, who authors scientific publications. She has provided invaluable guidance to him and greatly improved his written product. Nikki is always careful to make sure that she understands what he intends to communicate before editing so that the meaning of his writing is enhanced, rather than "lost in translation." Most importantly, she consistently provides a cogent explanation of her edits to enable my husband carry those lessons through to his future writing projects. I highly recommend Nikki because of her patience and diligence in applying her editing and teaching skills.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$35|