My tutoring approach consists of a lot of leading questions, explaining grammatical concepts, and providing constructive feedback to a variety of writing pieces. I am extremely patient and I am willing to take all of the time needed to help students make their writing the best possible.
I am a Political Science student at the University of Houston, and I am minoring in education. I'd love to be able to help students improve their writing and provide English tutoring services for high school students and beyond.
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Minor in Education
May 2021 University of Houston | Houston, Texas
Writing Center Consultant, University of Houston: Houston, Texas
• Consulted by undergraduate and graduate students to improve academic writing in an online space or in-person.
• Revise student resumé format and writing quality by working closely with University Career Services.
• Oversee course-partnership projects including students, ranging from STEM to humanities.
• Work with English-language learner students to strengthen grammar, organization, and professional voice.
• Serve as a TA for the Integrated Reading and Writing course through lesson planning and administrative duties.
• Reliably grade business writing exams for C. T. Bauer business students.
• Compose Client Report Forms after each consultation, providing students and professors a synopsis of the consultation and post-consultation revision plans.
Consular Intern (American Citizen Services), U.S. Embassy: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Dec. 2018- Jan. 2019
● Observed the process of issuing an emergency passport to an individual who was a victim of theft and gained experience with use of the American citizen database.
● Assisted staff with planning a holiday event at the British and American Benevolent Society by preparing gifts, venue preparation, and initiating discourse with veterans.
● Observed the legal process in which a hospitalized US citizen signed to waive the Privacy Act to take the steps to transport him back to the US.
Community Liaison Office Assistant, U.S. Embassy: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Dec. 2016- Jan. 2017
● Developed and broadcasted digital signage to display embassy announcements.
● Participated in department meetings, recording important information to send to the CLO supervisor.
● Personally delivered holiday gratuities to political officials in Buenos Aires, utilizing communication skills in
● Maintained and updated the CLO SharePoint site and personnel contact information database for accuracy.
● English composition
● Texas Government
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking Resume / Cover letter writing prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|