I teach through conversation, books, current events, songs, and many other mediums. My teaching styles are always developed with the student in mind, and I am a lifelong learner of French. I look forward to developing future students, teachers, and followers of the language.
With six years of teaching experience and four years at a private school in Manhattan, I have worked with hundreds of students from 5th-12th grade. I travel to France and Francophone countries often, and I enjoy spreading my passion for the language and culture.
My normal rate is $100 but I am flexible depending on level, budget, etc. Feel free to reach out and I look forward to the sessions!
Freelance Tutoring and Translating- Currently tutoring NYC private school students. Recently worked on freelance project translating a social studies textbook into French with Booklinks Publishing Services, Brooklyn, NY.
The Hewitt School – New York, NY
Middle and Upper School French Teacher, August 2015-present
• Teaches middle and upper school French classes at a private school for girls.
• Currently teaching 5th, 6th, 10th, and 11th grade. Dean/Lead Advisor of 10th grade.
• Collaborates with faculty on curriculum, technology and trip opportunities for
students. Chaperoned a middle and upper school trip to Quebec City in 2016, 2017. Spain and France in 2018.
Coney Island Preparatory High School – New York, NY
Ninth Grade French Teacher, August 2014-June 2015
• Taught French 1 at a charter school in South Brooklyn. Developed curriculum, lessons, and materials. Advised group of tenth grade students on college prep and academic topics.
French National Department of Education - Rumilly, Haute-Savoie, France
English Language Assistant, October 2012 - May 2013
• Presented lessons and assisted high school students with spoken and written English.
New York University- New York, NY
M.A. Institute of French Studies, Jul 2014
• One year M.A. program with a focus on French politics, culture, and society.
Central Michigan University- Mount Pleasant, MI
B.S. in Education- French and English, May 2012
Catholic University of the West- Angers, Pays de la Loire, France
French Language and Culture, Dec 2009
• Study Abroad program with a focus on French language, culture, and
Fluent in French, Michigan Teacher Certification: French K-12, English 6-12.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, SMARTBoard technology.
Member of ACTFL, attendee of ACTFL 2016 Conference, Boston, MA. AP Summer Institute 2018, Stanford, CA.
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|