I am a recent Bachelor of Science in English from Central Michigan University. I also have my certifications in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) and East Asian Studies and I am looking forward to assisting and teaching those willing to learn English! I am currently in Kalamazoo, MI!
Tutored foreign students up at Central's English Language Institute for two years! I also have tutored on-and-off in both Japanese and English. Interned and observed students in a few Public High Schools in the States and have taught several lessons in English literature and composition. I also have taught in an education club named the 'Council of Future Educators', or (CoFE) for short, teaching kids between the ages of 6 and 12.
Karlo Lagapa Delos Angeles
5816 Jefferson Commons Cir. Apt. 101
Kalamazoo, MI 49009
(concealed information) or (concealed information)
Bachelor of Science, December 2016, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
Japanese Language & Culture Certification, August 2014, Japan Center for Michigan Universities, Hikone, Shiga, JPN
High School Diploma, June 2010, Kalamazoo Central High School, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Certification(s): English + East Asian Studies &
TESOL (Teaching English as a Second or Other Language)
Specializations: Bilingual in American English and Japanese
SMART Board and ePortfolio Certificates
TEACHING & FIELD EXPERIENCE
2016 Mid-Tier Teacher. Mount Pleasant High School, Mount Pleasant, MI
• Observed 10th and 12th Grade class rooms for nearly 6 to 8 hours a week for roughly 3 months.
• Taught a total of two English lessons, one discussion based and the other writing based, related to the host teacher’s schedule and plans.
• Helped the students in pronunciations and critical analysis of English Literature.
• Graded papers with the host teacher and helping students with compositions.
• Got to know the students in a very high-speed, yet laid-back environment!
2015 – Present Band Camp Low Brass Instructor. Kalamazoo Central High School, Kalamazoo, MI
• Taught the whole section over two and a half weeks at the yearly band camp in August.
• Had previous knowledge of trombone, baritone, and contrabass tuba to assist in better sound quality.
• Assisted giving examples in better marching etiquette.
• Taught students between 9th and 12th Grades.
• Got to know the students and had fun doing it!
2011-12 Teaching Assistant. Kalamazoo Central High School, Kalamazoo, MI
• Received an idea at how 12th grade classrooms are run.
• Assisted the teacher in grading and management.
• Gave students an inside look at what college is.
• Had a great time getting to know the students!
2014 – 2016 English Language Tutor English Language Institute, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI
• Met with various English language learners from different cultures and countries.
• Helped with the speaking, writing, and reading abilities.
• Gave examples of sentence structures at an in-depth level based off of the WIDA standards.
• Spoke with them some of the time to help with their communication proficiency.
• Became enriched by the different types of people that came in for help!
2014 – 2015 Japanese 101 & 102 Tutor Foreign Languages, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI
• Met with Japanese Language Learners 3 to 4 times a week to discuss pronunciations, writing style, and proficiency of the Japanese Language.
• Conducted full group sessions with students over the chapters of the Japanese textbook.
• Dropped in on their class to ascertain what students would need help on, to prepare for scheduled meetings.
• Requested by the students and professor and tutored for them and actually made friends with them.
ACTIVITIES & ORGANIZATIONS
2011- Present Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity, Historian, Alumnus, Nu Pi Chapter, Central Michigan University
• Joined a music fraternity to promote the advancement of music.
• Advanced musical endeavors by hosting several recitals, performing at nursing homes, and participating in campus events.
• Attended weekly meetings, both business and committees.
• Hosted Jazz Weekend for High School Bands to come and show musical prowess.
• “Once a Sinfonian, Always a Sinfonian, Long Live Sinfonia!”
2012 - 2016 Asian Cultural Organization (ACO), Social Chair, Central Michigan University
• Promoted Asian culture on the campus of Central Michigan through Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
• Encouraged diversity between the Asian and American Cultures.
• Met up with people similar in thought and also hanging out.
2012 – 2013 Chippewa Marching Band (CMB), Baritone, Central Michigan University
• Auditioned successfully for a position in the CMU Marching Band and played baritone.
• Performed before and during collegiate football games.
• Performed in “PRISM” concerts for the university’s School of Music with other ensembles.
• Practiced outside of class periods with others in the same baritone section.
2011 - 2015 Council of Future Educators (COFE), Secretary, Central Michigan University
• Taught kids K-8th Grade the core subjects such as English, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, and Fine Arts every other weekend when scheduled.
• Got together with fellow future educators to talk about teaching topics and how to employ them.
CONFERENCES & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Learn Today Teach Tomorrow Conference, CMU
Council of Future Educators, CMU
SMART Board 2 Day Certification, CMU
ePortfolio Seminar, CMU
STARS Conference, CMU
Professor of Mathematics
Macomb Community College
Clinton Twp, MI 48216
Asst. Prof. Educational Linguistics
Central Michigan University
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
Lecturer, English Department
University of Michigan-Flint
Flint, MI 48502
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest IELTS lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, TOEFL lessons for all!
Taking TOEIC lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$50||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$75||$200|