My teaching method as an academic tutor is centered around cultivating intrinsic motivation and leveraging students interests. I use research based methods for creating individualized study plans and skills. My pedagogy is student centered and rooted in compassion and rigor. Multiple intelligence theory, instructional scaffolding, and a strengths based approach inform my practice.
I have a degree in Child Development and Spanish from Mills College and over 6 years of experience as an educator teaching various subjects in and out of the classroom. I completed two year teaching practicum at the elementary level for completion of my degree, followed by an intensive teacher training internship at the middle school level. After then working as an academic tutor and college prep mentor, I moved to Japan to teach English. I recently returned, and am now an instructor for students in residential mental health treatment. My professional goal is to become a certified literacy specialist for students of all ages.
I offer a sliding scale fee of 40-70$ per hour.
- B.A. in Child Development, Mills College 2017
- Teaching Fellow of 7th Grade Literature Breakthrough SF, Summer 2017
- 3-5th grade literacy and mathematics support, Roses in Concrete Community School 2016-2018
- Academic Tutor for 3-12 Grade essay writing, grammar, geometry, chemistry, Spanish, study strategies, and general academic support
- English Language Teaching Assistant Japan Exchange and Teaching Program 2019-2020
- Lead Day School Teacher Newport Academy (Present)
- CPR and WFA certified
- TESOL Certified
- Proficient in Japanese and Spanish
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$60|