The only way to learn to write or read is to start writing and reading with the help of a guide who has been both an author and book editor. When I finish editing your work, you will marvel at how well you write, because I do so while retaining your unique signature.
I have been writing and helping students and professionals for over 40 years with real world experience. After retiring as a Student Success Administrator at Pace University in New York City I started a part time coach and consulting company.
(2017-present)—Author, Editor—Independent Publisher, NEW YORK, NY
(1973-present)—Soul Therapist, Psycho-Spiritual Coach-Consultant—Independent Holistic Educator, NEW YORK/GLOBAL
• Inform/train people/organizations to transition into more holistic lifestyles for enhanced body/mind/spirit well-being
• Help individuals and organizations cope better, recover more quickly and reduce suffering due to nagging health issues, deaths, breakups, divorce, job loss, incarceration, public humiliation, or organization problems and conflicts
(7/07 – 10/15)—Project & Operations Coordinator—Pace University, Division for Student Success, NEW YORK, NY
• Managed initiation of new projects/Initiatives and best practices research enhancing retention of at-risk students
• Served as Information Management Officer for Division, augmenting use and upgrade of technology in Division programs
• Directed, shaped vision and recruited/managed/trained advisors and support staff for new “Office for Student Success”
• Produced retention reports for university Provost and President; coordinated professional development workshops
• Created key databases, surveys and processes, identifying and alleviating unresolved issues for thousands of students
(8/06 – 7/07)—Interim Director, Student Accounts—Pace University, Office of Student Assistance (OSA), NEW YORK, NY
• With one day’s notice joined interim team to help stabilize major university department in transition
• Supervised 7 Staff Advisors and Associate/Assistant directors; mediated disputes between/among OSA staff members
• Coordinated recruiting, hiring of 13 OSA professional staff; set up databases, reports and problem resolution Call Center
(1/98 – 8/06)—E-Recruiting Associate—Pace University, Career Services, NEW YORK, NY
• Guided on-campus recruiting in transition from manual to on-line recruiting system serving over 900 students and 100+ employers per semester, coordinating over 100 web/recruiting schedules and 1,000 interviews per semester
• Liaised with corporate recruiters; supervised/trained support staff; designed/conducted Recruiting workshops
(1972-present) – Director/Officer/Consultant, (Reorganizing/Revitalizing) Community Human Service Programs, NEW YORK, NY
• (2020-present)—Founder, Editor Innerspire Press—Publishing Companies and Writers: Proof and/or edit manuscripts; ghost write for fledgling authors
• (2018-2019)—Vice President of Holistic Lifestyles & Well-Being—Greenlight Corporation (Greenlightsvs.com): initiated specialty holistic coaching for entrepreneur clients starting or developing their businesses
• (2017-present)—Founder, President—Innerspire Therapeutics, Inc.: Helps clients use Dis-Ease symptoms as “medicine”, to accelerate healing, conflict/problem resolution and more holistically effectuate planning and organizational development
• (2011-present)—President—STOP the destruction of the World, NA, Inc: Shepherded reorganization and move from North Carolina to New York of tax exempt non-profit educating public about psycho-socio pathology
• (1998-2012)—United Nations Rep—A Centre for the World Religions - NY, Inc: Organized NY chapter; in 2002 negotiated its United Nations NGO status; organized UNO peace forums, lectures and meditation instruction
• (1996-1997)—Supervisor—Roper Starch Manhattan Phone Center: Managed, trained, supported, increased productivity of evening shift telephone interviewers for Arbitron Radio Ratings Project Prepared critical time sensitive statistical reports
• (1986-1996)—Co-founder—Board member, Vice President, Sserulanda New York, Inc: Organized USA affiliate of international non-profit foundation based in Uganda East Africa to secure resources towards ecological development
• (1985-1986)—Director—Epworth Multi-Service Senior Citizen’s Center: Successfully Orchestrated new schedule of meaningful programs for seniors in Bronx, NY program in danger of closing
• (1984-1985)—Director—East Harlem Interfaith Youth Enterprise Project: Re-organized and extended the life of an inner city, struggling business that employed and trained neighborhood youths and residents
• (1983-1984)—Director—Intercultural Resources Development, Inc: Managed East Harlem, NY job training project and neighborhood preservation housing program; organized/trained parents to save buildings in danger of abandonment
• (1973-1979—Program Director—City College YMCA Mini Institute Academy: Managed successful program for year-round education, training program for 700+ inner city high school, college, and elementary youths labeled unteachable
• (1972-1973)—National Urban League—Director - Youth & Student Affairs: helped 100% increase of youths’ participation on NUL national Board and 100+ local affiliate Boards; facilitated youth internships and Motivation Achievement training
• (2017—Certificate)—Teach basic principles of Analytical Trilogy/Psychosocio Pathology—Keppe & Pacheco College, Brazil
• (2013—BA with Distinction)—Major in Liberal Studies—Psychology, Journalism—Pace University, NEW YORK, NY
• (2006—Certificate)—Hands-on project management—Pace University, NEW YORK, NY
I have known and worked with Leonard For over twenty-five years in the areas of education, social justice, nutrition and international collaboration with members of the human family.
Leonard’s experience, knowledge, and professional study of health and nutrition is unparalleled.
He has travelled all over the world
- India, Europe, Africa, Brazil - and has studied a wide variety of medicinal and nutritional practices in a variety of cultures.
I highly recommend him.
Richard A. James
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$25|